Have you encountered the QuickBooks Error 6130 0 and are looking for solutions to eliminate this error code? Thus reading this post will undoubtedly help you with all the possible ways to fix the error code 6130, 0. This problem shows that QuickBooks was unable to disconnect from the computer where the QuickBooks company file is stored. QuickBooks Error 6130, 0 appears on your screen while QuickBooks is operating in the multi-user mode. By carefully reading this post, you can better understand QuickBooks Error Code 6130 including causes and best possible solutions to fix the error.
What Do you Understand with QuickBooks Error 6130, 0?
You can host the company file on a server and let many users to access it over the network to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode. QuickBooks Error 6130 occurs when a workstation tries to access a corporate file via the network but the file is unavailable or corrupt on the server. QuickBooks displays the message “QuickBooks is attempting to access the company file but is unable to connect to the database server”.
Need Expert Help: Are you getting QuickBooks Error 6130, 0 and don’t know how to solve it? In that case, you must get immediate help from our QUICKBOOKS LIVE CHAT experts by dialing the ReConcileBooks helpline number at any time.
Reasons Behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6130, 0
Let’s explore the causes of QuickBooks error 6130, 0:
- The company file is created using a more recent version of QuickBooks Desktop because the client’s workstation’s version of the software is out-of-date.
- The user is attempting to view a corrupted company file.
- Error Code 6130 can potentially show up on the user’s screen due to network configuration errors.
- Error 6130 in QuickBooks is also brought on by out-of-date Windows features.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application cannot connect to the necessary network ports because of Windows firewall.
- Error 6130 could be caused by corrupted transaction log files and network data.
- To operate QuickBooks in Multi-User mode, the QuickBooks Database service must be operating on the server; otherwise, QuickBooks Desktop would encounter error 6130.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6130, 0
The symptoms of the QuickBooks error code 6130 are listed below; it will help you in easy troubleshooting:
- One of the most typical symptoms is that your active window frequently crashes and the QuickBooks error 6130 pops up on the screen.
- QuickBooks software installation fails.
- After a little period of time, the system frequently freezes.
- If the keyboard and mouse inputs started to operate slowly.
Effective Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6130, 0
Several variables can lead to error code 6130, and each of these factors will have a different impact on the associated solutions.
Solution 1: Repair your Windows Registries
- Tap the Start tab to begin the procedure
- Do not press the Enter tab after typing “Command”
- After that, press the Ctrl + Shift keys from your keyboard and then press the Enter key
- A dialogue box asking for your permission will appear
- After done with that, click the “Yes” button
- A flickering dialogue window will appear in a black box
- Hit the Enter tab after typing Regedit
- Choose the File menu’s Export tab
- Go to the Save-in list and select a specific folder to save the QuickBooks Desktop to
- Next, enter the Backup file’s name in the File name area
- Make sure the branch is selected in the Export range box by moving there
- In the end, hit the “Save” tab.
Solution 2: Make Use of Disk Cleanup Tool
- Tap the Start tab to get started
- After that, enter “Command” without pressing the Enter tab
- Now, you need to press Ctrl and Shift keys from your console
- Also, click the Enter tab
- A permission dialogue box will appear
- Moving forward, click the Yes button
- Type “Cleanmgr” and select the Enter tab at the same time
- Disk cleanup will assess the space taken up by Temporary files and provide you the option to delete them
- Choose the boxes of the categories you want to clean, then click the Ok tab to finish the process.
Solution 3: Install the Windows Updates
- To begin with clicking on the Windows Start button
- Next, type Update and then press the Enter key
- The Windows Update dialogue box will show up
- At last, click on the Install updates icon.
Solution 4: Perform Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop Software
- It is advised that you click on the Windows Start tab to access the Applications and Features section
- Then move to the Control Panel
- Press the Programs button
- Choose the Programs and Features option
- Find the software that is connected to the QuickBooks error 6130 right now
- After that, choose the entry
- Lastly, select the Uninstall tab.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 6123 0
Solution 5: Run your Windows System File Checker
- In the beginning, press the Windows Start tab
- Don’t hit the Enter tab; instead, type “Command” in the search field
- Strike the Enter tab while pressing the Ctrl + Shift keys
- A dialogue window will show up
- After done with that, press the “Yes” button
- The name appears on the command prompt and a black screen will appear
- Now, type the SFC/scannow followed by hitting the Enter key
- And finally, system file checker will launch a scan to find and fix the problem.
Solution 6: Employ the Windows System Restore
- You have to select the Windows Start tab
- Hit the Enter key after typing “Restore” in the search field
- To open System Restore, double-tap on it
- If prompted, divulge the Admin password
- Next, pick a Restore point
- Last but not least, start the system restoration process.
Solution 7: Restart your QuickBooks Database Service
- By pressing Windows + R keys, you can open the Run window on the server machine to carry out this process
- Then, enter Services.msc in the open box and press the Enter tab
- Try looking up the QuickBooksDBXX service
- After that, hit both the service and the Start tab
- To check if the QuickBooks Error 6130 been repaired, try to open the Company file.
If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of QuickBooks Live Chat 24*7 helpdesk.
Solution 8: Modify the Filename of your QuickBooks File
- You must look for the files with the .nd and .tlg extensions
- Choose the Rename tab from the context menu when you right-click on the .nd and .tlg files
- You must now rename the files by ending them with “.old”
- Finally, open QuickBooks and attempt to access the files to complete the process.
Hopefully, the above-discussed solutions would greatly help you to resolve QuickBooks Error 6130, 0. But in case if you are unable to apply the solution and want an expert to help you rectify the error code 6130, 0 then you can call our QuickBooks Helpdesk Team for instant assistance ReconcileBooks.Com.
🔔A Frequently Asked Questions🔔
What are the Important Steps Need to Follow Before Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6130?
You must perform the following tasks prior to using QuickBooks:
- Before continuing with the troubleshooting, make a safe backup of your company file.
- Make sure that both the client’s computer and the server have the most recent QuickBooks Desktop upgrades installed.
- Install your Windows’ most recent updates.
- To fix any network or QuickBooks company file damage, install QuickBooks File Doctor on both the workstation and the server.
How to Manually Create a Safe Backup of QuickBooks Company File?
The below steps help you to manually create a safe backup of QuickBooks company file:
- Go to the Single-user Mode by selecting it from the File menu
Note: Before changing user mode, remind everyone logged in to preserve their modifications.
- Choose Make Local Backup under Backup Company from the File menu
- In the new box, select Local Backup, and then click “Next”
- Choose Browse, then browse to the directory where the company file backup will be kept
- Enter the number of backups you intend to hold onto (optional step)
- When QuickBooks has finished testing the backup file, click on the “Ok” button
- Choose “Next” after selecting Save it now
- The backup file is kept in the directory and is accessible.
Can We Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6130, 0 Using QuickBooks File Doctor?
Yes, it can help you resolve the error code 6130, 0 to certain extent.
Simply perform the below steps:
- Go to the start menu and open the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- From the left panel, select the tab under Company File Problems
- On the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button, click on it
Make a note that the tool hub will take roughly a minute to load the tool when you try to utilise the feature because the tool isn’t already installed on your system. The File Doctor has to be loaded onto your system, so make sure your internet connection is active.
- Toggle between Browse and Search once the File Doctor box has appeared
- Choose the company file you wish to edit with QuickBooks File Doctor
- Authentication information for a QuickBooks admin account must be entered after clicking “Continue” to proceed
- In the end, select the Next button.