How to Restore a QuickBooks Company File from A Local Backup?
Have you been trying to restore a QuickBooks Company File from your local backup, but not able to do the same successfully? Now, you can reinstate a backup copy of your company file from the local backup copy provided you have generated the same and saved in the right location.
If you are looking for a quick resolution, please speak to our ReConcileBooks experts on QuickBooks Enterprise Contact Telephone . In this article, we shall be taking you through different procedures that you can use to restore a QB Sompany file from a local Drive Backup.
You have to also check out How QuickBooks Automatic Data Restoration Work So you can enable auto backup facility in QB.
Step By Step Process Of Restoring QB Company File
Process of Restoring:
Here are some of the steps that you need to carry in the order as stated below:
- Firstly, you have to navigate to the File list of options, and then click on the Open or Reinstate Company option that you can easily find in the drop-down list.
- After this, just choose to Reinstate a backup copy, and click on the Next button
- Now, click on the Local Backup option, and tap on the Next button.
- You will be prompted to select the site of the backup file and you can find that from the pull-down list
- Make sure you click on the backup file that you can see in the folder. Here you need to bear in mind that the file title that you need to find should be displayed in the list as Businessname.qbb.
- Here you have to tap on the Open tab, and then click on Next button
- When the Save window opens then you have to click on the pull-down list and select the site where you would like to keep the reinstated copy of your company file.
- You will be prompted by the File title field; there you have to enter a new file title. You need to keep in mind that the Save as tab will immediately fill the QuickBooks Files with extension *.QBW
- Last, but not the lease, you have to choose the Save option and afterward prudently go through and accordingly retort to any notifications that may be displayed before the reinstate process starts.
If you face any sort of problem or difficulty while performing the above-mentioned steps, please consult our QuickBooks experts by simply calling +1347-967-4079.
Warning Message Appears On Screen During Restoring Company File QB
The reinstate notifications that you would be seeing on your computer screen are:
You can choose the No option provided you get any of the given messages on your computer screen:
- [Filetitle].qbw seems to be already there. Do you still want to switch it with the new file?
- You are trying to select overwriting a company file that already exists. Are you assured to proceed with the overwriting action?
Another important fact that you have to bear in mind is that if you make up your mind to go with the Yes option then as a result of this, your reinstated files will override the file which is already there in your system.
However, if you want to circumvent this overriding procedure then you have to provide a provisional file title with an extension .qbw in the given file title tab. The moment you are very much assured that the reinstated file is functioning in an appropriate manner and encompasses an accurate data then you can give a new name to the reinstated file in place of the actual file title which will help you seamlessly and securely override the actual file with extension .qbw .
For QuickBooks accounting software application edition 2010 and later users:
To reinstate your backup copy, you have to follow the given steps:
- Click on the File list of options, choose Utilities >then Reinstate Backup for Previous QuickBooks Editions.
- Choose the tab subsequent to the Backup file title tab
- Click on the backup business file, click on Open option
- Choose tab following to the Reinstated file title tab.
- Go to Save list of options, choose the folder in which you wish to keep the reinstated company file.
- When you see the File title tab on your computer screen, you have to provide a distinctivelabel for the reinstated file to circum ventre placing an in the effect business file, then choose to Save.
- Hit on the OK button.