Occasionally, you may run into a network connection error with QuickBooks when downloading the latest updates for your software. Several issues with your Windows machine or the QuickBooks program can cause this internet connection error. Your connection may be hampered by incorrect internet settings, preventing you from accessing company files. Here, we’ll show you how to troubleshoot QuickBooks Network Connection Error so that you can use the software effectively. Additional, you’ll get to know the root causes of the QuickBooks Network Connection error and its quick fixes to remove such network issue.
About QuickBooks Network Connection Error
Losing an internet connection or network connection when using QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop can prevent QuickBooks from accessing a file. It won’t open the required page, folder, or file, and you can see an error message saying “QuickBooks encountered a network problem.”
It usually causes trouble when you try to access the company file, update your program, or carry out other important operations. This network problem may cause you to close the QuickBooks application, losing important data and requiring you to enter it again, especially if you have unsaved data in your file.
Let’s examine some examples where a user could experience network connection issues that cause their routine to be interrupted:-
- During the QuickBooks update process.
- While you are trying to access or open a company file.
- When you are sending e-mails to others.
What Causes QuickBooks Network Connection Error?
Several factors can cause a connection error to be interrupted.
Following are some of the likely causes of a poor connection:-
- Your connection to the server has been lost.
- The QuickBooks file cannot reach the necessary ports because of the Windows firewall and other internet settings.
- There is no Network Descriptor (ND) file or it is damaged.
- A standby or hibernation mode is active on the hosting computer. Your connection can be interrupted as a result, preventing you from accessing company files.
- The installation files for QuickBooks are damaged.
- There are several open QuickBooks database service windows.
- The files for your QuickBooks company are corrupt.
You can experience unanticipated QuickBooks internet connection issues as a result of these factors. One must set up the internet settings on their Windows PC and QuickBooks Desktop in order to fix this issue.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Network Connection Error?
We have provided some manual approach to make it easier to troubleshoot the network error.
Let’s execute one after one:-
Method 1: End the Database Server Process in Task Manager
Unwanted errors in QuickBooks can be eliminated by terminating the database server process. To do this, navigate to the Windows Taskbar and stop the process there.
Here are the guidelines:-
- Select “Windows Taskbar” by clicking it
- Then pick the “Task Manager” service
- Move to the Processes tab
- To arrange the entries alphabetically, click on the “Image Name” column
- The “qbdbmgrn.exe” should be clicked immediately away
- Choose “End Process” from the menu.
You can close the Windows taskbar once you’ve completed these instructions. After that, you can launch QuickBooks and see if there are any QuickBooks connection issues.
Method 2: Review your Internet Connection in QuickBooks
Your first step should be to ensure you have reliable internet access. Check with your accounting program to see whether it allows access to your internet connection if you use QuickBooks. You can accomplished this by setting up the QuickBooks Internet Connection.
To check QuickBooks’ internet connection, you can do the following actions:-
- Initially, open your QuickBooks software
- In the menu bar, select the Help menu
- After that, pick “Internet Connection Setup” from the menu
- Make sure that the option to “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to create a connection when this application accesses the Internet” is chosen in this window
- To continue, click “Next”
- At last, hit the Done button.
You can try Upgrade the QuickBooks program after completing these steps to see if you still experience network connection issues with QuickBooks.
Method 3: Launch Computer Management Window
You can access QuickBooks without any issues if you open your computer’s administration window.
A few easy steps can be taken to do this:-
- On your Windows PC, select “Start”
- Next, Computer can be selected by clicking right on it
- Then select “Manage” from the menu.
You might need to provide the administrator password after selecting the Manage option. You can then check if you have admin rights to access QuickBooks
Method 4: Check if the Subscription is Active
It is critical to confirm that your subscription is set to Active status in your QuickBooks payroll service. The Employees section contains a description of this. Check the Active status by going to My Payroll Service and selecting the Account/Billing Information option.
You can take each of the steps listed below to thoroughly understand:-
- Restarting your computer is the first step
- Start the QuickBooks as your next step
- On the menu, select “Employees”
- Next, pick “My Payroll Service” from the menu
- After that, click on the “Account/Billing Information” option
- You must check if the payroll subscription is “Active”.
The status can be made active if it is not already. After that, you can shut the window and see if QuickBooks can establish a connection with the server.
Method 5: Configure the Firewall Settings
On your computer, Windows firewall frequently disables specific programs. QuickBooks won’t be able to connect to the server if your firewall has restricted connections. You experience a QuickBooks network connection issue as a result.
Read more article: QuickBooks Firewall Blocking
Therefore, we’ll show you how to add a new rule for Inbound and Outbound in Windows Firewall in this fixation approach.
- Initially, click on the “Start” button is situated at the bottom left corner
- Then access the “Control Panel” by opening it
- Select “System and Security” from this menu
- After that, select “Windows Firewall” from the menu
- Do a right-click on the “Inbound Rules” option under “Advanced Settings”
- Pick the “New Rule” from the menu
- Click the “Next” button under the Programs section
- Choose the “This Program Path” option
- Once done with that then open the QuickBooks file location
- Press the “Next” button
- Select the “Allow the Connection” tab
- Then hit the “Next” button
- You must check the boxes in this section
- Click the “Next” button when you’re finished
- Now, give your new firewall rule a name
- At last, press the “Finish” button.
You can use the same procedures to create the outbound rule after creating the new rule for the inbound rule. Your QuickBooks service will be added to the firewall list as soon as you add both inbound and outbound rules in the firewall configuration.
Method 6: Add Intuit as Trusted Website
You can resolve the connection error by adding Intuit.com URL to the list of trusted websites in your web browser. To add Intuit to the trustworthy websites, all you have to do is open Internet Properties in Internet Explorer.
The simple actions are listed below for you to take:-
- In the beginning, start the Internet Explorer
- Go to the Tools followed by choosing “Internet Options” from the menu
- Go to the “Security” tab
- Then select the “Trusted Websites” icon
- Click the “Sites” button
- Write “Add this website to the zone” in the box and then enter the “Intuit URL”
- Make sure the option next to “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone” is not ticked
- Click on the “Close” button
- Finally, press the “Ok” button.
Your internet explorer won’t cause issues when downloading the latest QuickBooks updates once you add Intuit to the list of trustworthy websites.
If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of QB live chat.
Method 7: Restart the Database Server Manager
You can restart the Database Server Process from the computer administration window if you’ve disabled it. All you have to do is find the service and click Start. Allow us to demonstrate how to ac hieve that.
- The very first, Computer Management window should be opened
- Next to the “Services and Applicants” option, click the “+” icon
- You can broaden the section in this manner
- Now, choose “Services” from the menu
- Click the “Name” column from the “Services” pane
- You can alphabetize the results in this manner
- Perform a right-click on the “QuickBooks DB” service
- In the end, select “Start” from the menu.
You can close the computer management window as you complete these actions. You can restart the database server process using this method. This might fix the error that caused the other problem.
Method 8: Repair Corrupted QuickBooks Installation Files
Your QuickBooks may not perform as expected as a result of damaged or corrupted installation files. The corrupted QuickBooks installation files can be repaired to solve such issues.
- Close any software that is currently open on your computer
- The “Start” button should now be clicked
- Select the “Control Panel”
- After that, open the “Remove or Add Programs” window
- You may locate the “QuickBooks” program and click on it directly from the list of installed programs
- After that, choose the “Repair” option
- Click “Next” when you see the “QuickBooks Installation” wizard
- Select “Repair” from the menu here
- Again, click the “Next” button
- You can wait a while while QuickBooks fixes the installation. You can select the Finish button once the process is finished.
Method 9: Perform a QuickBooks Clean Install in a Selective Startup Mode
When specific apps on your system conflict with one another, QuickBooks software may have issues. In this case, using the Selective Startup Mode, you can completely install your QuickBooks program. By doing this, you may prevent QuickBooks from being affected negatively by third-party applications.
Following the instructions listed below will allow you to start a Windows PC in the Selective Startup mode:-
- By holding down Windows + R keys, the “Run” dialogue box will appear
- In the text box, type “MSConfig” at this point
- To continue, click “Ok“
- The “System Configuration Utility” window will then be shown
- Move to the “General” tab
- Next, select the “Load Startup” and then “Selected startup”
- After that, visit the “Services” tab
- Choose “Hide all Microsoft Services” from the menu that appears.
- Once done then click on the “Disable all” option
- The “Hide all Microsoft Services” checkbox should then be unchecked
- Ensure that the “Windows Installer” box is still selected
- Select the “Ok” button by clicking on it.
After finishing these procedures, restart your device and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop. Your system can then be go back to a normal mode.
To learn more, follow these steps:-
- On your keyboard, press “Windows” and “R.” The “Run” dialogue box will appear after doing this
- Next, you have to type “MSConfig“
- Select “Ok” by clicking on it
- Click the “Normal Startup” box located within the “System Configuration Utility” window
- Select “OK” by clicking on the same.
Restarting your computer will make the modifications take effect after you put it in normal mode. This will assist you in resolving the QuickBooks connection issue.
Well, the above-discussed are the possible solutions that you can try to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Network Connection Error. But sometimes network issues become very frustrating to QuickBooks users and they are unable to fix such issues even after performing few solutions. In that case, you can reach out to our Team of Experts just by dialing QuickBooks Helpdesk.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The below are few signs to identify the network issue in QuickBooks:-
1. The inputs made with the keyboard or mouse cause your computer’s performance to sluggishly.
2. If a mistake occurs, you might not be able to access your company file.
3. The performance of other applications is also hampered by the connection problem, not only QuickBooks.
Your accounting software must have a QuickBooks Security Certificate. Make sure the certificate is updated if you already have one. You may verify this by looking at the digital signature in QuickBooks:-
1. First, perform a right-click on the “QuickBooks” Desktop
2. After that, select “Properties”
3. On the “Shortcut” tab, click on the same option
4. Next, select the “Open File Location” option
5. Select the “Ok” by clicking on it
6. Choose the “QuickBooks app.exe” file and then simply on it
7. Once done then you’re supposed to click on the Properties tab
8. Moving forward, select the “Digital Signatures” option
9. Choose the “QuickBooks Install Certificate” tab
10. Make sure “Current User” is selected as the “Store Location” in the “Certificate Import” dialogue
11. After that, Hit on the “Next” button
12. To end the process, click on the Finish button.
Simply, make a note of the following pointers:-
1. You must log in as an administrator to complete the updating process.
2. For QuickBooks to function properly, you must confirm that your computer system satisfies the minimal system requirements.
3. The user must attempt to recreate the company file on the local network before moving forward with the creation of a backup of the data at a few designated sites.
4. Every single business file on the local computer must be converted without fail.
5. An older version of QuickBooks Desktop may occasionally be unable to open a company file that was created by the most recent version. Since you are using the QuickBooks Desktop version you must ensure that the company file you are attempting to open is compatible with it.