The QuickBooks Database Server manager is one among the best tools that Intuit has made available to improve user experience. Multi-user access can be easily performed when you connect to QBDSM. In a multi-user network environment, several users can collaborate on a single company file by using QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Only that each QuickBooks Desktop edition requires installation of the tool. We’re going to address you the frequently asked query of how to setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your PC in this comprehensive blog post. You will eventually discover how to use it for managing several PCs connected to the network server.
Moreover, this blog post explains how to update after installation and includes many different aspects of the installation process. Thus, make sure to read the entire post to find all facts associated with QBDSM.
Understand QuickBooks Database Server Manager
A remarkable utility feature released by Intuit is the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBMS). In multi-user mode, this tool is used to organise the QuickBooks server folder. Additionally, without QBDBSM, you are unable to access multi-user mode, which enables you make the most of multi-user mode. The use of the software will be limited and performance will suffer if there is no QuickBooks Database Server Management. This program is responsible for network file sharing across other systems.
Need Expert Help: Are you getting QuickBooks Database Server Manager and don’t know how to solve it? In that case, you must get immediate help from our QuickBooks LIVE CHAT experts by dialing +1347-967-4079 the ReConcileBooks helpline number at any time.
Important Facts About QuickBooks Database Server Manager
There are some details about the QBDSM, such as:
- On the host machine, the QBDBSM generates .nd files (network data files).
- If you have multiple QuickBooks Desktop versions, a database server manager is required. The QBDSM is necessary to operate the various versions of QuickBooks.
- There are various iterations of the QBDBSM. It can give numerous versions of processes but not multiple versions of software.
- When installing the Database Server Manager, different QuickBooks versions add a user.
- Install the QBDSM for each version of QuickBooks Desktop Online you are using.
Steps to Download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
It’s critical to understand the proper steps to take before downloading the QuickBooks Database Server Manager in order to prevent any form of confusion. The process of downloading the QBDSM is simple and without any problems. However, according to Intuit’s developers and what has been observed, this useful function is a component of the QuickBooks accounting program. If you don’t already have it, you may quickly download it from the Intuit’s official website.
Alternative Steps to Download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Simply follow the instructions listed below if you find the first option for downloading QBDSM to be a little confusing:
- Start by visiting the Downloading QuickBooks Tools hub on the Intuit website
- Next, navigate to the downloads by hitting the Ctrl + J keys simultaneously
- Select the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file
- To give the app permission to make changes, click on the “Yes” button
- To install it and accept the licence agreement, select the “Next” followed by the “Yes” button
- Moving forward, click on the Next button once again and then hit the Install button
- You’ll need to exercise a little patience because the process could take some time
- When the installation is finished, select the “Finish” button
- Then click on the QuickBooks Tool hub icon
- Select the QBDSM option under the Network problems tab at this time
- Give each User access to the company folders after the process is finished. But by default, the QBDBSM will give each installation a special user.
Steps to Configure QuickBooks Database Server Manager
This section can be skipped if you want to utilise the default settings.
If not, you can follow these instructions:-
- Initially, press the Windows start menu
- When using the search tab, enter the “Services” before clicking on the “Open services” option
- next, pick QuickBooksDBXX and launch it
- Search for the part describing the service status under the General tab
- Click the Stop tab if something is underway or has been begun
- The Startup Type drop-down menu should be used to select Automatic
- After that, move to the Logon tab
- The Local system account option should also be selected
- Open the Recovery tab
- Once done with that, choose to restart the service from the drop-down menus for the first, second, and subsequent failures
- Finally, select the General tab followed by selecting the Start button in order to restart your QBDSM.
Visit here: QuickBooks Network Connection Error
Step by Step Instructions to Setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Execute the setup procedure after downloading the QuickBooks database server manager.
The procedures that must be followed are as follows:
Permit your QuickBooks Database Server Manager to Run on the Server Manager
- To start with enabling the QBDBSM to function on the server system, manually configure the firewall
- Select the Port Monitor tab after launching the QBDSM
- Click on the Start button and then find and launch Windows Firewall
- Rule can be selected by right-clicking Inbound rules in the Advanced options
- After that, select “Next” after selecting Port
- And then, pick the TCP option
- In the box labelled “Specific local ports”, enter the desired ports
- The port format follows the current version of QuickBooks:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX
- QB Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- Click Next and then allow the connection
- When necessary, press the “Next” button while marking each profile
- And once again click on the “Next” button
- Create a rule and give it a name
- In the end, select “Finish” from the menu and the same procedures also apply to outbound rules.
Additionally, establish an exception for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager file by doing the procedures listed below.
Create exceptions in the firewall after downloading QBDSM to ensure the program runs without interruption:
- Find Windows Firewall in the Start menu and select it
- Right-click on Inbound Rules and choose Advanced Settings (Follow the same for Outbound Rules later) then select the “New Rule” option
- Choose the program, then click Choose This Program Path on the next screen.
- Select the following files using Browse.
- exe-C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR
- exe-C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR
- Click on the “Next” button and then choose “Allow the Connection”
- When prompted, confirm that every file is marked before choosing “Next”
- Create a rule with the name QBExceptFirewall and an .exe extension as the final step
- Finally, repeat the procedures for Outbound Rules to grant QBDSM access to run on the server computer.
Check for QuickBooks Database Server Manager Update
The QBDSM update must be performed simultaneously. The most recent updates are automatically installed whenever you update QuickBooks Desktop.
Visit here: Accountants Copy File Error in QuickBooks
You can use the procedure outlined below to manually update it:-
- Click on Programs from the Windows Start menu once it is open
- Click on the Updates button after searching for QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- In order to finish the QBDSM Update, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
Making use of Database Server Manager for QuickBooks Desktop
Let’s start using QBDSM right away. The methods for using QBDBMgrN for QuickBooks Desktop to host the company file over a network are listed below:-
Step 1: Scan your Folder
- Only perform this step once before sharing company files
- Open QBDSM on the server computer
- Click Browse under the Scan Folders tab
- Select the folders holding your company’s files (QBW)
- After choosing the folder, click on the “Ok” and then choose the “Start Scan” option.
Note: The folders become available in the “QuickBooks company files detected” section once the scan is finished. After then, other networked computers can access them.
Step 2: Monitor your Drives
The drives that are listed under the Monitored Drives tab include the scanned folders. By keeping an eye on your drives, you can make sure that you won’t need to re-scan them if you transfer or modify any of the company files there.
- Pick the Monitored Drives
- Then, next to the Hard Drive that contains your company’s files, check the boxes
- Finally, shut it off so that future changes or moves to the company file on the drives won’t necessitate another scan.
Step 3: Manage the Database Server Manager
Examine the various tabs in the Database Server Manager that maintain efficiency.
- Find the Systems tab to find the computer’s installation location of the Database Server Manager
- The database manager’s server tab displays information about the tool’s current connectivity and status.
Solutions for Error Related to QuickBooks Database Server Manager
When using the database manager and an error occurs, keep the following things in mind:
Solution 1: Restart your QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You may sometimes fix any glitch that may appear by simply restarting the software. On the server computer that houses the company file, make sure to restart it. To restart, follow the instructions for your current configuration.
Solution 2: When the Server Computer has Both Database Server Manager and QuickBooks Desktop Installed
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop on the host computer and choose Open or Restore Company from the File menu
- Open your company file by clicking on Open Company File
- Click on the “Next” button and then select the “Open file in multi-user mode in QuickBooks” checkbox
- To access your company file, click Open and log in
- Close the server-based company file by using Close Company/Log off
- In the Windows Start menu, type Database, and then launch QBDSM.
Solution 3: If Only the Database Server Manager is Installed
- From the Windows Start menu, look for and launch the Control Panel
- Services can be selected from a list by clicking Administrative Tools
- Restart the QuickBooksDBXX service
- Restart can be accessed by selecting the QuickBooksDBXX service from the context menu.
We hope you can successfully install and utilise QuickBooks Database Server Manager after reading the comprehensive blog post. Talk to our professionals at the QuickBooks Helpdesk Team if you feel like reaching out to the QuickBooks Experts to resolve any Intuit Network Manager-related question, and you’ll receive a prompt response. If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of QuickBooks Live Chat help.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Key Details About QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
There are several crucial considerations listed in the QBDBMgrN:-
- By using this tool, it is possible to use different QuickBooks processes as opposed to different software versions
- Each program version on your system requires a separate installation of a QBDSM
- By using this tool, you add a user to your desktop
- When using various QuickBooks Desktop versions, be sure to install the QuickBooks Database Server management from the earliest to latest versions in chronological order
- Make sure your QBDSM is always running in the most recent version
- The database server management is useless if you don’t need to run the files on several networks and have multiple users access the files.
Where Can I Locate QuickBooks Database Server Manager on My PC?
If you can’t find the QBDSM on your computer, you can click on the start button. Select All Programs by clicking. The Database Manager can be found there.
How Does QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tool Help Me to Ease My Tasks?
You can use it to carry out the following actions:-
- Scan the required QuickBooks company file for multi-user access.
- To automatically discover a new company file, you can examine the local storage device.