Need Expert Help: Are you getting “Sage 50 Error 1606” and don’t know how to solve it? In that case, you must get immediate help from our Sage 50 experts by dialing the ReConcileBooks helpline number at any time.
Users frequently receive Sage 50 Error 1606 when trying to uninstall the Sage taxation from the server. In other words, it is an installation issue could also result while installing or uninstalling a Microsoft program from your computer since it could interfere with the Sage software. Do you need help with how to overcome Sage 50 Error 1606 then the below write-up will cover in detail along with its brief description, causes, and fixes.
The Error Message Appears on Screen When user Face Sage 50 Error 1606
Sage Error 1606: Could not access Network Location. INVALID
Sage Error 1606 Taxation Error: Sage Error 1606 uninstalling Sage Taxation on Server.
Reasons Behind the Occurrence of Sage 50 Error 1606
Damaged or faulty Windows files or even inappropriate application deletion might result in Sage 50 Error 1606. The user may unintentionally corrupt the files.
Visit here: Sage 50 Error Code 3111
The other list of reasons are jotted below:
- Windows system files that have been damaged or are corrupt.
- Because of the actual risk posed by corrupted file entries, or for a variety of other reasons.
- The error may occur during installation or during an incomplete installation.
- incorrect deletion, hardware and software.
- due to a virus or spy-ware assault. It might occasionally result from a system shutdown gone wrong.
- The system may be impacted by this corruption because of this error.
- Another reason can also be related to incorrect or missing criteria for related files and metadata.
Steps to Fix the Sage 50 Error 1606
To resolve the error code 1606, you are supposed to download the old version of Sage when your windows file is open, make sure not to click on the Proceed button.
If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of Sage 50 live chat.
Perform the below steps to manually update for Advanced Computer User Solution:
- The user must start their computer and log in as an administrator
- Select All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> Click >> system restoration from the Windows start menu
- The user must then select Restore my computer to an earlier time in the new window after finishing this process
- Click “Next” once you’re done
- Most latest computer restore point from the lists will be an option in the list
- On the confirmation window, click Next twice
- The user must restart the computer after finishing these instructions
- Finally, try restoring the computer once again.
Other solutions to overcome the Sage 50 Error 1606
The below discussed are few solutions help you to remove the error code 1606. Let’s proceed one by one:
Solution 1: Download the Repair Kit Online
- Initially, install the repair kit on your system and then perform the below steps:
- Next, install the program followed by selecting the Scan button
- Once you’re done with the scanning processing then move to the click button
- Finally, you have to restart your system.
Read also: Sage 50 Error Code 3
Solution 2: Verify your Administrator Access
Sage 50 needs to be given access to the network location, hence you must utilize an admin user account. You can contact your IT administrator to have the problem addressed if your user account is missing this necessary privilege.
- Start with pressing the Windows + R together from your keyboard
- Next, press the Enter key after typing the Control Panel
- To reveal the drop-down menu, select the View By option
- After that, select the Large icons
- Then select the “User Accounts” option
- Once done then look for the “Manage User Accounts” tab
- At last, check to see if Administrator is listed in the Group Column next to your user name.
You are using a normal user account if the administrator isn’t stated. Sage 50 is therefore unable to access network settings that demand an admin account because of Windows. For Sage 50 error 1606 to be fixed, you must log in as an administrator.
Solution 3: Disable the Firewall Temporarily
Sage 50 problem 1606 can be successfully fixed by momentarily disabling Windows Firewall. Disabling Firewall will give you the opportunity to identify the root cause of the error if it is affecting the network connection.
- Select the settings option under the start menu
- Simply click Update & Security
- Press the Windows Security button
- Pick network and firewall protection
- Choose one of the three possibilities below:
- Private network
- Domain network
- Public network
- Click on Off under Microsoft Defender Firewall
- Open the Sage 50 company file that is giving you trouble and see if that works
- Turn on the Windows firewall by repeating the aforementioned procedures.
To avoid problems when Sage 50 tries to access the data file on the server computer, switch to the primary email address if you’re opening your company file using a secondary IP address.
Solution 4: Open the Company File with Primary IP Address of your System
- Initially, select the Sage 50 icon twice
- Open an Existing Company should be selected
- As the IP Address of the server computer hosting the company file, type the filename
- Select the Company File after browsing
- To open the company file, click on the Open button.
Finally, modify Windows’ network profile. Making the profile switch to Private ensures that Windows doesn’t perceive the network connection as a security risk. Sage 50 will therefore have uninterrupted access to the network connection.
Read also: Sage 50 Error Code 1721
Solution 5: Change the Network Profile of Windows to Private
- In the Service Tray on the taskbar, right-click the Wi-Fi or Ethernet symbol
- Select Network and Internet settings from the menu
- Put Private in the Network Location and Network Profile fields
- The workstation and server computers should each go through these processes again.
This specific write-up aims to familiarize you with Sage 50 Error 1606, its likely causes, and the accompanying troubleshooting procedures you must employ to manually handle the error. Reach out to the Sage customer helpdesk for better assistance if this didn’t work and the issue still persisted. These experts have years of expertise dealing +1347-967-4079 with Sage errors and their associated problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can We Repair the Installation of the Sage Application?
You can carry out this process by installation process using DVD:
- Navigate to My Computer and select the “File Explorer” folder
- Launch the SuiteCommonServer.msi file by going to “disc contents” >> “Prerequisites” >> “SuiteCommonServer”
- The “Sage Practice common server component” can be reinstalled on your system using this method, which is the simplest one
- Click “Features” after returning to the “Programs” menu
- Without taking out any other components, uninstall Sage taxation.
What Should be Considered Before Attempting to Fix Sage 50 Error 1606?
Make sure of the following prior to attempting to fix Sage 50 Error 1606:
- The server’s windows have been updated.
- Your Internet access is properly configured.
- You have the most recent version of the Sage 50 2022 software installed.
- The corporate file has a backup produced.
- The firewall’s configurations are correct.
See also: Sage 50 File System Error Number 3110
What are the Steps Involved in Creating a New user Profile, in Case the Previous One is Damaged or Corrupted? Does it Help me to Fix Sage 50 Error 1606?
The below steps help you to create a new user profile, if you find your previous one is damaged:
- Select User Management under the Settings tab
- Then select the “Invite User” option
- In the space provided, enter the user’s email address and click “Save”
- Whether you want the new user to have access to System Manager is up to you
- Select the level of access you provide the user
- In order to save the changes, click the “Save” button.
Yes, it can help you to fix the Sage 50 Support Error 1606, if this issue is caused due to corrupt user profile.