The QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a that shows while running the QuickBooks Desktop program on Windows is one of the most aggravating errors that users run into, just like other Windows applications. This problem prevents the user from using the program and displays the message “Error: There was an unexpected Error reported when trying to execute QuickBooks with company file”.
It typically happens when users attempt to launch the QuickBooks Desktop on Windows. As a result, you won’t be able to carry out the accounting responsibilities with ease. An error box appears on your screen to let you know the problem is there when it does. To prevent additional damage, the error code must be fixed as quickly as feasible. To assist you, we have provided a list of potential reasons and solutions in this blog.
Understand QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
One of the most frequent errors that QuickBooks users have previously reported is “Error: There was an unexpected Error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with company file”. When users click the Ok button inside the Error pop-up window, another Error pop-up window appears on the screen with an error message, “QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem.
Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”. DLL problems are very frequently encountered during application installation, program use, and system setup. This error code may cause the system to freeze, which can be quite frustrating for us. DLL files are thought to be the primary cause of this problem. However, there are additional causes for the QuickBooks DLL problem.
Let’s investigate the further pertinent causes of the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a.
What Could Lead to QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
There are numerous reasons why QuickBooks error 80029c4a appears on the screen.
Below are a few of them:
- The QuickBooks program download could be damaged or improperly installed.
- Few of the system files for QuickBooks desktop may be damaged, or they may not even exist.
- A recent QuickBooks-related software modification, such as an install or uninstall, may have resulted in a damaged Windows registry entry.
- It’s possible that files connected to QuickBooks were accidentally or intentionally removed by another program.
- It’s possible that a virus or malware damaged the Windows file system or any QuickBooks-related program files.
- If an inaccurate trojan infection warning was issued by the antivirus software.
- If the error occurs during Windows startup, shutdown, or Windows operating system installation.
- If the DLL files are missing or the QuickBooks components cannot be started.
Need Expert Help: Are you getting QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a and don’t know how to solve it? In that case, you must get immediate help from our QuickBooks Live Chat experts by dialing the ReConcileBooks helpline number at any time.
How Do I Identify QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
When you have the symptoms and indicators on hand, it becomes a little easier to identify the error. Here are some of the typical symptoms of QuickBooks error 80029c4a.
Check these out:
- The system responds to keyboard inputs slowly or sluggishly.
- If the active program window crashes or if the actual error code is displayed on the screen.
- System freezes regularly.
- Throughout the application installation, the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a appears.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Using the solutions listed below, it is easy to fix the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. In order to correct this error, you must carefully follow each solution procedure.
Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
Throughout the software’s lifespan, Intuit continues to offer free QuickBooks upgrades that can be loaded automatically or at a later period that suits you. The updates typically resolve application issues by addressing hidden flaws and internal problems that you might not be aware of. It is advised that updating the QuickBooks software be done cautiously, especially if you are utilising network systems.
It has been observed that in certain circumstances, updating the application may result in forcing an update on all users since every system connected to the network in QuickBooks will be running the same version of the program. Avoid updating during business hours to avoid needless delays.
Follow these steps to update QuickBooks to the newest version:
- Go to the File menu and select the Close company or logoff option
- You would now need to select File, then select the “Exit” option
- Make sure you are operating the system as the administrator
- Make sure there are no open company files on the system
- Select Update QuickBooks from the Help menu after moving there
- The Options tab must then be selected
- Selecting Mark All was then done, and the Save button was then pressed
- The Update now tab must be selected as the next action
- Then select Get updates after clicking “Reset update”
- You will receive a pop-up stating that the update was successful once the procedure is complete
- To close the QuickBooks program, use the Alt + F4 or Esc keys from your keyboard
- Launch QuickBooks on your desktop and select the “Yes” button
- Finally, perform a system reboot to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 2: Try Rebooting the System
This may be useful if you rarely reboot your computer and instead set it to “Sleep.” Rebooting truly helps to clear up memory problems and offers your installed programmes a new start.
To get the best assistance regarding the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a, you can simply dial +1347-967-4079 to contact our QuickBooks Specialists Team.
Solution 3: Run the “Reboot.bat” File
When QuickBooks is installed, a small batch file named reboot.bat is stored in the installation directory. No matter what version of the application you use, you can always locate this file. All system settings that QuickBooks modifies throughout its use are reset by this batch file. The command line scripts in the “Reboot.bat” file clear the Windows registry settings for every component that QuickBooks utilises. This file is essentially thought of as a cleanup tool that puts things back where they belong if they ever go out of place.
Therefore, make sure that no components of QuickBooks are running in the background before running this file. The network system also uses this. To run the file, you must also be logged in as an administrator on Windows. If the system does not restart automatically once the file has been executed, do not force it to do so.
Solution 4: Re-Install or Repair your QuickBooks Desktop
Uninstalling and reinstalling the software is a fantastic approach to refresh it when nothing is working. This will be a much easier way out in the event that you only use this application on one machine. The same precautionary steps you took when updating QuickBooks must be used to networked systems.
To correct a QuickBooks installation, follow the steps listed below:
- Start by searching for a system that is not connected to the network
- Launch QuickBooks now, and from the menu’s About option, find the licence and product number, making a note of the details
- Afterward, navigate to the list of Installed programs in the Control Panel
- Look for QuickBooks in the list, pick it out, and then click Uninstall
- Select the Repair option in the dialogue box for uninstalling the program, then click the Next tab.
If the QuickBooks installation is fixed, that’s great, but if you encounter any errors, visit the website for QuickBooks’ product updates and look at the most recent version of your product before comparing it to the data you have obtained.
Make sure the information is accurate before going to the QuickBooks Support Download Site to look for, download, and install your QuickBooks version.
Solution 5: Re-Launch your QuickBooks Desktop
Sometimes all that’s needed to get things back on track is to restart the application. This is among the simplest methods for resolving the 80029c4a error in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 6: Update your Security Software
You must first add the program/component exceptions and then update the antivirus or security software to the most recent version. The procedures are as follows:
- First, update the antivirus or security software to the most recent version or release
- Add the program/component exceptions in accordance with your handbook
- You must now restart QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Perform a Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
Sometimes a straightforward reinstallation won’t be enough to correct the issues. Therefore, it is advised to choose a clean setup of QuickBooks desktop.
The following are the steps that make up this process:
- You have to compile all the QuickBooks product details
- Next, download the QuickBooks installer for that version
- If you purchased the software digitally, you will have the License number, which can be found on the original package or in the email confirming your purchase
- Make a note of the product’s version and year
- QuickBooks desktop should be uninstalled
- Open the Windows start menu, find the Control panel, and then open it
- Select either Uninstall a software or Programs and Features
- Select QuickBooks Version from the list at this time
- Next, choose Remove options after selecting Uninstall/change
- Follow the on-screen instructions after selecting Next as well
- Reinstall QuickBooks desktop after finishing the procedures listed above, and you’re ready to go.
Solution 8: Authenticate the Antivirus Settings
It occasionally happens that antivirus software unintentionally prevents QuickBooks from loading critical files. You must look through the program’s list of blocked files, frequently referred to as your “quarantine.” Use these links if you use Norton or McAfee to learn how to configure the permissions, or consult your antivirus product for instructions.
If any of the programs on the list below end up in quarantine, you will need to grant them access to pass through the firewall.
It should be noted that the majority of these files are located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year). Furthermore, 64-bit versions of the files are those marked with (x86) in the location.
Solution 9: Run your Windows System File Checker
Running the Windows system file checker is the second-to-last approach to fix the problem.
Here are the steps that must be taken:
- Click the Start tab, then put “Command” into the search box
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Shift tabs while pressing the Enter key
- Once the permission dialogue box opens on the screen, click the “Yes” button
- You must now type SFC/scannow and press the Enter key
- Wait until the System file checker has finished looking for QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
- The final step is to follow the on-screen prompts to fix the issue.
Solution 10: Update your Avast Program and Virus Definition
- Avast virus definition would need to be run, and all programmes would need to be updated
- If you use another antivirus product, you will need to update it
- The Avast icon can be selected with the right click and then select the Update tab option
- Now, click on the program tab, and follow the instructions to upgrade the Avast application
- Repeat the procedure and select the Engine and Virus option.
Solution 11: Scan the System for Possible Malware or Virus Attack
Scanning the system for potential malware or virus attacks is another option.
The procedures are as follows:
- There are two parts to this process, and you must utilise Windows virus and threat protection for any potential malware and virus attacks.
- For the purpose of identifying and resolving potential trojan infections, you might choose to use antivirus software that is externally installed.
Hopefully, the above troubleshooting solutions discussed above will help you to easily eliminate the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a. If you need any further assistance, you can contact QuickBooks Helpdesk Team. Our highly qualified and knowledgeable experts are accessible around-the-clock to hear about your issues, offer a prompt resolution, and also provide advice on how to avoid mistakes in the future. If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of QuickBooks 24*7 Live Chat help.
Why Am I Still Experiencing QuickBooks Pro Error 80029c4a?
Primarily as a result of a recent installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks-related software that resulted in a damaged Windows registry entry.
What is the Procedure Involved in Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop?
Follow the instructions below and select the link
- Select the Product, Country, and Year before picking your version of QuickBooks
- Choose the Search menu item
- Select the “Download” button.
How Do I Turn Off the Automatic Backup in QuickBooks?
The procedures for disabling automatic backup are listed below:
- In the beginning, launch the company file and choose the Edit menu
- Then select General by clicking Preferences
- Once you’ve done so, click the Preferences tab and uncheck the box to keep QuickBooks running
- At last, hit “Ok” to finish the process.