Many printers have automated duplex printing capabilities. Even though that is unquestionably a feature and not a bug, many users complained that the printer continues to print double-sided documents even when it isn’t supposed to. Automatic duplex printing, which is now a common printer feature, is another name for printing on both sides of the paper. However, if the printer automatically prints double-sided without any explicit instructions, then it becomes a problem. Users may occasionally become agitated and stressed out by this kind of situation whenever it occurs. In this article, we’ll discuss about “Printer Keeps Defaulting to Double Sided” issue and troubleshooting to prevent this printing problem.
Why is Printer Keeps Defaulting to Double Sided?
Every time you try to install or use a new or different printer with QuickBooks, a common problem arises, usually because the printer’s default setting, which looks to be double-sided, is double-sided. The option to uncheck double-sided printing is absent whenever you try to print from QuickBooks Desktop. Automated duplex printing is a feature that many printers can provide. Duplex printing is another term for mechanically printing on both sides of the paper. The popularity of duplex printing printers is growing faster than that of other types of printers. Duplex printing must be disabled in the printer’s settings if a printer consistently prints on both sides.
You may need to choose more than one duplex print option from the available options windows, tabs, and menus for your printers if you don’t want them to print on both sides of the page all the time. In theory, saving paper by printing on both sides of a page when producing papers with several pages. When you choose to deactivate an option, you are no longer able to utilise it.
Need Expert Help: Are you getting Printer Keeps Defaulting to Double Sided Error in QuickBooks and don’t know how to solve it? In that case, you must get immediate help from our live chat experts by dialing the ReConcileBooks helpline number at any time.
Important Factors Keep in Mind When you Work on Printing Problem
It is necessary that you keep the following pointers in mind before you begin fixing your printing problem:
- The most recent version of QuickBooks that is accessible must be used.
- Your printer and system’s connectivity should be checked. Printer software must be correctly installed, and your computer must be connected to the printer.
- If the problem still persists after you have tried to resolve it, consult your IT professional or a technical team about any particular printing error messages.
Reasons Behind the Printer Keeps Defaulting to Double Sided
Some of the causes of printing errors in QuickBooks include the following:
- If the printer’s paper tray is empty, then there may be a problem.
- This issue could arise if the printer is not turned on.
- If the printer is inactive or switched off.
- If the default printer is constantly changing.
- The printer was improperly installed.
- Incorrectly reinstallation of your QuickBooks application.
- You must log in to the system as the system administrator in order to print.
Troubleshooting Methods to Printer Keeps Defaulting to Double Sided
The trial-and-error approach to error-resolution entails doing one step and moving on to the next one when the error is still not fixed. Perform another methods in the given order they are listed:
Method 1: Selecting Duplex Printing in the Printer Setting of Third Party Software Must Be Disabled
In third-party applications, there are numerous printing options. The two-sided printing option is the greatest among them all. One example of a two-sided option is provided by the Google Chrome.
Word can print both sides when using a printer that supports duplex printing because this option is available in the printer’s settings. Additionally, users who use software to print from must disable the duplex printing setting in order to stop their printers from printing on both sides.
Read this article: QuickBooks Add Printer Failed
Method 2: Removing the Default Printer Duplex Printing Setting
- Ensure that the Default Duplex Printing option is deactivated in the printer’s Print Preferences Panel
- When using Windows 10, you must first click on the Start menu to find the Settings button
- The Bluetooth & other Devices option can be found under Devices; pick it
- You must now choose Devices
- The Control Panel can be accessed by clicking on the “Devices and Printers” option
- Select Printing settings from the list of options when you right-click on the Default Printer in the Printer drop-down menu
- The printer’s settings box will be visible to you on your screen.
Method 3: Deselect Duplex Printing from the Menu Screen of the Printer
Additionally, many printers have their own menu panels that function entirely independently of Windows. To disable the duplex printing option, you may occasionally need to use the printer’s menu on the screen.
The two-sided print choices must be disabled by navigating to the general or ECO settings menus on the menu screen.
Common Solution for Printing Issues in QuickBooks Desktop
You could experience issues printing from QuickBooks Desktop for a variety of reasons. The most typical problems have the following fixes.
Solution 1: Print from Another Program
Please confirm that you may print from any program. Notepad will be used for these procedures. Any program you use that isn’t QuickBooks can be tried printing from.
- Browse to Notepad after selecting Start menu
- Enter some text and then click on the File menu followed by selecting the “Print” option
- Pick the appropriate printer, then click Print.
Solution 2: Test the Printer Setup
Test your printer’s setup using these procedures.
Step 1: Confirm that the Printer is Correctly Configured
- Initially, switch off your printer, then restart your computer
- Do not forget to correctly load the printer paper
- Double-click Printers and Faxes after selecting Start >> Control Panel and so on
- Use the printer online by selecting it from the context menu when it says Offline
- When you double-click a printer, you can choose Printer, then Cancel All Documents to cancel all print jobs that are currently shown in the queue
- Once done with that, close your window
- Print Test Page by choosing Properties from the printer’s context menu after right-clicking it.
Reminder: Network problems may be to blame if the printer is a network printer and the test page fails to print.
Step 2: Make Sure that the Printer is the Right One
- Select Printer Setup from the File menu in QuickBooks
- Choose the form that you wish to print
- Check to see that the printer name exactly matches the name of the printer you intend to use
- If not, you must first make the necessary adjustments in the Printer Setup of your computer
- For additional information on these settings, click Help in this section.
Step 3: Print to a Different Printer
- Go to the File menu in QuickBooks and then choose Printer Setup
- Choose the form that you wish to print
- Choose another printer, such as the Microsoft XP printer
- To get further assistance with these settings, click Help in this section.
Solution 3: Test your Company File and QuickBooks Installation
- Print a different form or, if you’re using memorised reports or customised forms, try a standard form or report.
- Try printing a single form if you were printing many forms at once in QuickBooks. If you are successful, try printing in smaller batches.
- Try printing the same form or report by opening one of the QuickBooks sample company files. If it works, use Resolve data damage on your company file to fix any data damage in your file before trying to print again.
Solution 4: Run the Print and PDF Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub assists in resolving frequent issues. To use the tool hub, you must close your QuickBooks. We advise using Tool Hub on Windows 10 64-bit for the best experience.
- Initially, close your QuickBooks
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s most recent version (184.108.40.206)
- Save the document in a location where you can readily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop)
- You can determine the version you have if you’ve already installed Tool Hub
- Choose the Home tab and the version will be at the bottom
- Launch the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- To install and accept the terms and conditions, follow the on-screen instructions
- Double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop after the installation is complete to launch it.
Step 2: Make Use of the Print and PDF Repair Tool
- Select Program Problems from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Choose QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool. It will complete the run in about a minute
- Retry printing or saving a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop.
Some of the most popular techniques to fix Printer Keeps Defaulting to Double Sided have been addressed in this article. Give the QuickBooks Desktop Helpdesk Team a call if resolving a technical problem is a difficult issue for you. Our specialists will get in touch with you right away to assist you in troubleshooting Printer Keeps Defaulting to Double Sided problem. If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of Live Chat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Disable Double-Sided Printing in Microsoft Documents?
Open the file you want to print. Next, click on the File menu and then select “Print”. Make sure to choose the printer from the drop-down box that continues printing on both sides if there are more devices. Select Layout from the Copies & Pages area that is now accessible. Make sure to deactivate the Two-Sided option (or any equivalent setting). Additionally, you have the option to store this configuration as a preset to permanently disable double-sided printing.
What is the Procedure for Changing the Library Printers from Double-Sided to Single Printing?
Every printer job is preconfigured to print on both sides of a double-sided paper by default.
To print one side at a time, you must adhere to the guidelines listed below:
- Use your program’s “Print” or “Print Setup” menu (often located under the File menu) to navigate and access it
- You must choose either MSEPrint on esmpharoprntp1.win.ad.jhu.edu or MSE Color on esmpharoprntp1.win.ad.jhu.edu as the printer
- Select single- or one-sided printing from the “Options” or “Finishing” menus.
What Steps Should I Take for Windows 11 to Print Double-Sided Pages for a Single Job?
The following steps should be taken in order to print on both sides of the paper in one print job:
- In an appropriate app, first open the document you wish to print (for example, If you wish to print a WordPad document, open it in the WordPad app)
- For WordPad’s print window to appear, use the Ctrl + P keys from your keyboard
- To access this window, most programs will now let you choose File >>> From there, you can choose Print from the menu bar
- Here, a “Print” window will appear on your screen
- After choosing your printer from the drop-down option, click on the “Preferences” option.