For businesses, it is impossible to manually complete day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping tasks. As a result, they must use accounting software that gives the necessary capabilities for them to efficiently do their daily tasks. QuickBooks 2021 Download is one such accounting program, it is packed with several features and functionalities that are beneficial for all types of businesses. It’s a wise move if you’ve chosen to include this accounting software in your operational procedures.
To install and configure this software, all you have to do is follow the correct set of instructions. This article will go over the procedures you must complete in order to obtain and begin utilizing accounting software. Therefore, make sure to read the article till the end if you’re interested in learning more about QuickBooks 2021 Download and the processes required for its setup.
System Requirements of QuickBooks 2021 Download
The below are the system specifications that you should be aware of the operating system, hardware, software, and other requirements to run your QuickBooks Desktop 2021.
Need Expert Help: Are you getting QuickBooks 2021 Download – Desktop Installation and don’t know how to solve it? In that case, you must get immediate help from our QuickBooks experts by dialing the ReConcileBooks helpline number at any time.
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials
Note: You cannot use QuickBooks using an emulator or virtual environment; you must use Windows natively.
|Windows (natively installed)||Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials|
Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials
Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials
Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||OpenSUSE Leap 15.1, 15.2|
Fedora 31, 32
Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)
QuickBooks Desktop 2021 requires internet access and Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit).
Hardware and Operating System Requirements
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended|
|Server RAM requirements||l 1-5 Users: 8GB RAM|
l 10 Users: 12GB RAM
l 15 Users: 16GB RAM
l 20 Users: 20+GB RAM
|Disk Space||l 2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files).|
l Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.7 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD.
l Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings:
Require minimum 4.0GB RAM
Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder Local Application Data+” Intuit Data Protect”.
Note: For the best performance, store your QuickBooks data file on a solid-state drive (SSD).
|Windows||l US version of Windows.|
l Regional settings are supported when set to English.
l Administrator rights are required for the server computer when hosting multi-user access.
l Natively installed and doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
|Optical Drive||A 4X DVD-ROM drive is required for physical CD installations.|
|Screen Resolution||l Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.|
l Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
Other Hardware Devices
If you’re using the Warehouse Manager in QuickBooks Desktop mobile, here’s the supported devices you can use:
- Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer is recommended (Android 4.4 & above)
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 21.0 also supports:
- Honeywell Voyager 1602g Pocket Barcode Scanner
- Socket Mobile CHK 7CI
- Symbol CS3070
Numerous more programmer are integrated with QuickBooks. The most popular apps available are listed below. The Intuit App Store has further information as well.
Note: Making advantage of these functionalities may benefit from more RAM.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2019.
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2013 and 365 (including Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64-bit. Note: Microsoft 365 is only supported when it’s locally installed, not the web version.
- Email estimates, invoices, and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019, Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting email clients.
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2019 (32-bit), 2016, or 2013.
- Syncing with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook. Note: Contact Sync doesn’t work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in, so syncing could cause duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0, and V18.0.
- TurboTax 2020, 2019, and 2018 (Personal and Business).
- Lacerte 2020, 2019, and 2018.
- Pro-Series tax years 2020, 2019, and 2018.
- Quicken 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2016.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll, and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended). DSL or cable modem is recommended.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client which supports the plain text version).
- Internet Explorer 11.
Antimalware and Antivirus Software Compatibility
We tested QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2021, and Enterprise 21.0 with the following antimalware and antivirus programs.
You may need to adjust some settings in these programs to get the best QuickBooks performance.
- Trend Micro Security
- Panda Dome
- Zone Alarm
Note: Although RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) systems are compatible with QuickBooks, doing so is not advised because it could make QuickBooks run slowly.
TLS 1.2 is a requirement for QuickBooks Desktop 2021 in order for the associated services to function properly.
Related Post: QuickBooks Pro 2021 Free Download Free Version
Features Come with QuickBooks 2021 Download Desktop
The new and improved capabilities in QuickBooks Desktop 2021 will help you get paid more quickly and boost the value of the data your employees view for their jobs.
Here are some of the new features in QuickBooks 2021 Download and how you can use them to your company’s advantage.
A new feature called receipt management streamlines and speeds up the process of submitting your cost receipts. You can provide users permission to upload expense receipts straight from their computers or the mobile app to QuickBooks.
Data Level Permission
New in QuickBooks Enterprise 21.0, data level permissions restrict access for your created users and roles. This enables the administrator to create users and roles with access permissions for customers and vendors at the record level.
Payment reminders can be used to remind clients to pay you for past-due invoices or to schedule statements for them.
Customized Payment Receipts
Create unique templates for documents like as purchase orders, estimates, sales receipts, and statements. You can alter the appearance and content of these templates.
Improved Bank Feeds
You now have a new option to review your bank transactions, compare them to the ones already in your books, or rapidly add new ones with advanced online banking.
Create Customer Groups
You can find all of your customers by creating groups for them based on factors like location, client type, or status. Following that, you can make mailing lists for particular customer groups, produce automated statements, and issue payment reminders.
You can use them in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise to specify access and permissions at the level of customer and vendor groups.
If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of QB Live Chat.
Step by Step Instructions for QuickBooks 2021 Download
The procedures for downloading QuickBooks 2021 are pretty simple. However, as a user, you might need to bear in mind a few factors, which we covered above in this post.
Step 1: Essential Factors
Check the following pointers before beginning the QuickBooks installation and download process:
- Verify that the system has the required settings.
- Make sure your internet connection is reliable.
- Always purchase a genuine copy of QuickBooks.
Step 2: Buy and Download the QuickBooks
- Visit the official intuit website first in this process
- Then select the version of QuickBooks you want to download
- On the website itself, you may compare the cost of QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, and Enterprise
- After that, click the product you want to buy and download QuickBooks
- After that, complete the payment procedure by entering the payment information
- Additionally, you will receive your product code and license
- After that, a confirmation will be delivered to your email
- Additionally, you will be able to see the download QuickBooks tab
- Select the location where you want to save the file by clicking the tab again
- When you’re finished, click “Save”, and QuickBooks will begin to download
- The process will send you to the installation process once you have let it finish.
Visit here: Downloads & Updates
Step 3: QuickBooks 2021 Download Desktop
- Open the folder where you downloaded all the files as the first step in this process.
- then launch the QuickBooks.exe file you previously downloaded.
- Follow the instructions on the screen, then move forward
- Click the Next button after reading the software license agreement
- Enter the Product key and License number from your software purchase
- After that, click Next twice
- Proceed to the following step by entering the QuickBooks Product ID and License Number.
Step 4: Choose the Installation Type
The user may select any of the two installation options based on their needs and convenience.
- Express Install
If you are:
- First time utilizing QuickBooks
- Updating QuickBooks
- Alternatively, the software will be used just on this computer and will not be connected to any networks
- If so, you should choose this installation.
Steps for this Installation Method
- The first step in this procedure is to select the express option and the following tab
- After which select the Install tab
- Choose to launch QuickBooks once the installation is complete to begin using your program.
- Custom and Newark Install
Go for this method if:
- On a server, you are hosting a company file.
- Creating a network with multiple users.
- Putting QuickBooks Desktop on a server as opposed to the appropriate device.
Steps for this Installation Method:
- The user must first select the Custom and Network Option
- After that, click the Next button
- Once you’ve finished, select the option that best utilizes QuickBooks in accordance with your preferences
- Select Change the Install Location from the menu now
- To select the folder where you wish to store your QuickBooks files, click Browse as well
- Now, select the Next option to launch the installation procedure
- And once the procedure is complete, open QuickBooks.
Step 5: Activate your QuickBooks Desktop
After performing all the above steps, it is time to activate QuickBooks.
This involves the following steps:-
- The very first step here is to open your QuickBooks desktop and press the F2 key on the keyboard
- Now, head to the Help menu, and pick Activate QuickBooks Desktop option
- Open the product information window
- Later on, verify the registration status and the license number
- If the status is showing Activated, then you can use the software
- Else, choose ok tab to close the Product information window
- Head to the Help menu and also click on Activate QuickBooks tab
- Update the software if asked to
- And finally end the process.
Now that you are aware of the procedures you can follow to successfully QuickBooks 2021 Download, it is time to put those procedures into practice and get the most out of this program. However, if you have any questions or are stuck at any point in the process, our specialists can assist you 24*7 via our QuickBooks Helpdesk Team. You need only get in touch with us QuickBooks Live chat and let them handle the procedure on your behalf.
Can I Run QuickBooks on Two Different Computers?
Yes, if you have a single user license for QuickBooks, you can install it on two computers. Nevertheless, if required, you might have to enter the product and license number. A desktop computer and a portable device, two desktop computers, or two portable devices—whichever is more appropriate—can all be equipped with the QuickBooks software.
Is QuickBooks Free for Accountants? Or, Does QuickBooks have a Free Version?
No, QuickBooks is not a cost-free service for accountants. Before making your final purchase, you may, however, always use a free trial of the Intuit programmer. Users who intend to switch to the cloud can also take advantage of a free trial period provided by their QuickBooks hosting provider.
How Many Users Can I Add to QuickBooks in Different Version?
Well, it depends on QuickBooks software version. Three user licenses are available for QuickBooks Pro, five user licenses are available for QuickBooks Premier, and five to thirty user licenses are available for QuickBooks Enterprise.