Sage 50 2023 Canadian Version is a new version of the program that has additional features that improve its effectiveness and efficiency. The payroll tool is much more adaptable, while analysis is far more efficient than previously. Making reconciliation statements and identifying any data errors are basic processes. The program now has more features and has enhanced compatibility with other applications like Microsoft Office. With the help of improved security, your data is completely safe. In addition, the updated design of the software makes it simpler to use this uncomplicated but occasionally difficult accounting program. In this article, we’ll discuss all the relevant information about Sage 50 2023 Canadian Edition.
System Requirements for Sage 50 2023 – Canadian Edition
You must confirm that your computer meets the system requirements before installing Sage 50 2023 Canada edition. When installing or executing Sage 50 2023, issues may occur due to a lack of system resources.
These system specifications are for Sage 50 2023 – Canadian Edition:
- SVGA video with a minimum of 16 bits of colour quality. A screen resolution of 1024×768 is supported.
- 2 GB of unoccupied hard disc space (additional 1GB of free hard disk space for installing the software).
- A 1.0 GHz CPU (Recommended 2.0 Ghz).
- 2 GB (Recommended 6 GB).
- Version 7.0 of Internet Explorer is required. Future releases of this browser are also compatible.
- To print documents, Adobe Reader 9.0 requires a computer and the proper software.
- Versions of Word, Excel, and Outlook in the Microsoft Office suite that predate 2003. or a subscription to Microsoft Office 365.
- You’ll need an online connection, preferably a fast one, in order to use the bookkeeping app’s web features.
- Operating system set up with the most recent Microsoft patch.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Windows Vista® Service Pack 1
- Windows 8 by Microsoft
- Windows 7 (Microsoft)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 R2.
- Operating system set up with the most recent Microsoft patch.
- Hard disc space is needed in addition, between 280 and 610 MB for Microsoft®.NET Environment CLR 4.0.
- You’ll need a DVD-ROM if you want to load Sage 50 2023 from a CD or DVD.
Download Sage 50 2023 – Canadian Edition
The procedures that users can take to download and install the Sage 50 2023 version of the Sage 50 Canadian edition application are listed below.
- The user must first do this if they want to Download the Sage 50 2023 Canadian edition
- There are 4 downloads available for you to choose from:
- The full version of 2023
- The 2022.4 version update for those that have 2022.0 through 2022.3 already installed
- The full version of 2022.3
Install Sage 50 2023 – Canadian Edition
Once you’ve downloaded the Sage 50 2023 installation to your computer or server device, you can begin the setup process. The program can be deployed using either a local computer or a server computer.
You Can Install Locally or on a Server
- Local installation: If you only intend to use Sage 50 2023 on one computer, local installation is recommended.
- Choose server/network installation: If you wish to use Sage 50 2023 in multi-user mode or if you want to save your data on a distant server.
Steps to Install the Sage 50 2023 – Canadian Edition
- To start the Sage 50 2023 installation, double-click on the setup files
- Install each part separately so that Sage 50 can be installed
- Click “Next” while your antivirus program is pausing
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and then select “Next”
- Select “Auto configure the Windows Firewall to allow install and run Sage 50 (recommended)” followed by hitting the “Next” button
Note: It might be very challenging to manually configure the Windows Firewall; thus, utilise the installer to configure the firewall for you.
- Enter the serial number or activation key, then select “Next”
- Click “Yes”, then Next, when asked “Will this be the only computer running Sage 50?”
- Select the location to keep the programme files and the company files in the Install Options window
- Select the Install button
- At last, click on the Finish button once the installation is successfully done.
Steps to Install the Sage 50 2023 Canadian Edition on a Server
- To start Sage 50 2023 setup, double click on it
- Click “No” and then hit “Next”, for the question “Will this be the only computer running Sage 50?”
- Click on the “This computer is the server” in the Sage 50 Company Data Files Storage box, then choose “Next”
- Recheck the installation selection you’ve chosen
- Select “Share the Folder”, then Next, when the Sharing Company Data panel appears
- Once the installation is complete, enter the serial number and activation key to start the software activation process
- Sage 50 2023 allows you to start a new company file or upgrade any existing one.
Sage 50 must now be installed on all workstations connected to the server.
If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of Sage 50 Live Chat 24*7 Helpdesk.
Steps to Install Sage 50 on Workstations Connected to the Server
- Follow the installer’s instructions to continue with the installation.
- Double-click ClientInstall.bat by going to \\[nameofyourserver]\PeachtreeInstaller20xx\
- The ClientInstall file can also be started by double-clicking on Setup.exe in the same directory
- If the question “Will this be the only computer running Sage 50?” is shown, select No. Choose Next
- “A different computer on the network is the server and will store Sage 50 company files” should be selected
- “I confirm that Sage 50 has already been installed on the server,” select this option and then choose “Next”
- Select the location where you want to install Sage 50 2023
- On all of the workstations, install the Sage 50 2023 by following the same instructions.
To select a location for a company file, use UNC paths. Steps for installing Sage 50 2023 using the UNC path:
- Click Browse in the Company Data Files location window during the installation of Sage 50 2023
- Enter the IP address or name of the server in the input field
- In the bottom right corner of the installation window, double-check where the company file is located
- Enter the login information to access the server, then select the “Ok” button
- Once you’ve double-checked your choices, click on the “Install” button.
Steps to Activate the Sage 50 2023 – Canadian Edition
- Name of the company
- Account ID:- A 10-digit number known as an account ID that starts with the 400… number set
- Serial Number:- 14 alphanumeric characters make up the serial number
- Activation Key (Key Code):- Unique 23 alphanumeric characters that are only required for offline activations make up the activation key (key code). (without an internet connection).
- Only if you are signed up for Sage Business Care and receive payroll updates do you need a payroll ID. It is a 10-letter code that is unique.
Read also: Sage 50 Canadian Edition 2022 Download
New Features in Sage 50 2023 – Canadian Edition
The Sage 50 2023 edition allows you to discover the different new features. The below is the list of new enhancement come with Sage 50 2023- Canadian Edition.
- Easily create reconciliation statements: To create reconciliation statements, you must compare transactions between your Sage 50 accounts and your bank feed. With Sage 50 2023, you may create special bank rules that the programme can apply to any payments that come in through bank feeds or that the user specifically inputs.
- Update payroll information seamlessly: Sage 50 no longer necessitates rekeying data in order to modify personnel information. When processing payroll with Sage 50 2023, you can make adjustments to the employee data. You can register new employees without revealing their payment information in order to maintain records for personnel for whom you are not required to pay.
- Extended email feature: Because some companies create arbitrary and lengthy email accounts, Sage 50 now allows employee email addresses to be up to 129 characters long. This adjustment was primarily made in response to some business users’ expectations.
- Create payment stubs during payment process: Every time you pay a seller with cash or a credit card, you can email them a payment stub. The bills you will pay during this payment transaction are listed on the transaction paper.
- Improved support for microsoft applications: The bulk of users rely on Microsoft office suite applications like Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. Microsoft Office 32-bit and 64-bit editions are supported by the Sage 50 2023 edition, while older versions of Sage 50 have trouble connecting to these applications.
- Additional fields and new icons: You may be aware that certain banks want more information on deposit slips. Due to the limited number of fields on deposit slips, users were unable to give the essential feature.
- Better accessibility: Sage 50 2023 contains new keyboard shortcuts and has additional bookmarks on the main page to improve user productivity. The number of shortcuts on the home screen has increased from 10 to 25, giving users more choice and better access to the most important functionality. You can rapidly access the support materials with the shortcut provided in this version.
- Enhanced database security: Due to security concerns, Sage 50 2023 features a considerable database security upgrade. The program now supports longer, more complex passwords that are challenging to crack using a brute force attack. The upper limit for a complex password has now been increased to 129 characters.
Additionally, version 15.1 of the Actian Zen database engine has been released, with the following benefits:
- Compatibility with Windows 11 and its updates in full
- Security methods to protect your financial information
- Enhanced efficiency and stability
- Updated user interface: Sage 50 has a more modern look, and its freshly created symbol has a brighter green colour than the previous valued one. Due to the mix of green, white, and black, the logo is simple but appealing.
Read this article: Sage 50 Canadian Edition Version 2022.3
Sage 50 2023 Canadian Edition is currently available and has new features that increase the programme’s efficacy and efficiency. Hopefully, the above information help you to understand about Sage 50 2023 – Canadian Edition. If you still have queries or concerns, you can reach out the Team of Experts by dialing +1-347-967-4079 Sage Customer Helpdesk.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Will the 2023 Edition of Sage 50 be Available?
The Canadian release of Sage 50 2023 was made available in the beginning of October 2023. The US version could be launched in December after the debut was postponed from the summer to the fall.
How Can I Change My Password in 2022 Before I Go with Upgrade Process for Sage 50 Canadian Edition?
The password character limit for Sage 50 Canada 2023 has been increased to 126 characters. This modification was made to increase security.
- If a user wants to update their current password, the first step is to sign in as the system administrator
- The next step for the user is to choose Setup, Setup Users & Roles, which is located on the Home screen, after logging in as the sysadmin
- The sysadmin account password must now be entered by the user
- The user must now enter and confirm the new password they want to use for the chosen user
- Once finished, the password can be securely changed by pressing the “Ok” button.
What is the Process Involved in Upgrading to Sage 50 2023 – Canadian Edition?
To upgrade to Sage 50 2023, follow these steps:
- If you are asked to upgrade to the most recent edition, select Yes
- A different option is to select Help >>> Upgrade your Sage 50 product
- Next, you can decide the edition you want to upgrade to
- Sage 50 2023 can be installed on your system by following the instructions in the installation section
Note that the new edition will be applied immediately in lieu of the prior one.
- Select the company file you wish to open
- For the company file, provide the authentication information.