Is your QuickBooks Payroll software application automatically shutting down due to unknown technical glitch? Well, like any other software application even QuickBooks can run into issues thereby making difficult for the subscriber to take forth their business operations. In this article, we shall be discussing in detail about the prime reasons that trigger automatic shutting down of QuickBooks Payroll as well as ways to troubleshoot the same issue.
Causes of that Trigger Automatic Shutdown of QuickBooks Payroll software
For the users who are using the payroll app concurrently with QB Desktop software, it can be quite possible that this issue is happening as a result of some glitches related to QB software only.
Otherwise, maybe you are running out of the storage space on your system which can even cause software app to stop working suddenly.
Also, there some system or settings changes also big causes for QuickBooks Payroll Keeps Turning Off which need to be fixed.
To get rid of the same issue you can either follow the mentioned below steps or consult ReconcileBooks team for instant resolution of the problem so that you can resume your business operation as soon as possible.
Fix QuickBooks Payroll Keeps Turning Off Pop-Up Message
You can easily fix the QuickBooks Payroll shutting down the problem by using the Diagnostic Repair Tool.
For this, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:-
How to Fix the Issue of Abrupt Turning off the QuickBooks Payroll App?
This issue can be resolved simply by running diagnostic repair tool and uninstalling the software application. To fix the issue, you need to follow different steps depending on the operating system you are using presently.
Whether you are using Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows7 or Windows Vista, you need to follow the given steps:-
- First and foremost thing that you need to do is to close all the files and exit from the QuickBooks software. Make sure you keep the backup of your business files.
- Next, go to the ‘Start button’ which you can find on the left-hand side of your computer screen.
- For Windows 10 and Windows 8 users, you need to type ‘Control Panel’ in the search button.
- For Windows 7 and Windows Vista users, go to the ‘Start button’ and click on the right-hand side of the start menu to find control panel.
- When you will do so, the control panel window will open. After that, try to search the ‘Program and features option’ and uninstall the software app.
- In case, the above-mentioned option you are not able to find then go to ‘Programs’ and from there select features of the program.
- Now, search for QuickBooks from the given list of programs installed in your PC and do right-click on the same and select uninstall option.
- Click on the ‘Continue option’ when you will see the dialog box requesting to confirm your action.
- Lastly, you need to click on ‘Finish’ button and reboot your computer so as to complete the process.
If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of live chat.
Sometimes during the repair process the subscribed users see a prompted message by the software application affirming that ‘The Files are in use’. In such scenario, you need to follow the given steps:–
- When you are prompted to restart your computer, simply neglect the same and click on the ‘Ok button’.
- You may have to click on the same tab a couple of times provided the prompted window doesn’t disappear and repair process start to continue again.
- If not able to access the neglect button, then click on ‘Close’. Once the repair process is over, you will be prompted to reboot your system.
Once you are done with the aforementioned steps, then you need to follow given steps to authenticate the service key of your QuickBooks payroll app so as to start fresh once again. Let’s have a quick look at these steps:–
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks payroll software and try to look for the ‘Employees section’ there.
- When you do so, you need to click on the ‘My Payroll Service’ from the menu
- Under the ‘My Payroll service tab’, you need to look for ‘Manage Service Key’ option and click on the same.
- In the second half of the same window, on the left hand side try to find out ‘Edit’ button and press on the same
- After performing the aforementioned step, click on the ‘Next’ button
- Lastly, you need to click on the ‘Finish’ button.
When the complete process is over, you will be prompted by a message confirming ‘You have reinstated the latest version of the Payroll and your subscription is authenticated’
You will receive a confirmation message after completing the process successfully that reads. You can solve your issue regarding QuickBooks payroll keeps turning off. If following these instructions does not solve your issue then you can contact the QB help desk team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Random shutdowns of QuickBooks 2022 might be brought on by corrupted application files, incomplete or incorrect installation, or broken or missing QuickBooks components.
After May 31, 2023, the QuickBooks Desktop 2020 software will no longer provide access to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, Desktop Payments, live technical support, online backup, online banking, and other services. Also, this implies that as of June 1, 2023, you won’t be receiving critical security upgrades protecting your data.
Any open background processes that QuickBooks is using will be shut down by the Quick Fix. Your program will receive a quick repair. Choose Quick Fix my Program.