Intuit offers new updates every year to meet new and advanced features. To enhance business productivity, make sure you run with the most recent release. Users across the world love to work under high security and speed up business processing. The purpose of the upgraded version is to track the entire business accountancy without any error. This article gives you complete knowledge on the “System Requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise 2021” To update the latest version, users need to be sure about which version becomes the best choice for your business accountancy management. The below information helps you to know about the compatibility mode that you need to meet your system.
System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2021
Grow your business with the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop. You find QuickBooks updates once a year. Updating the latest release of the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise application is not the same as overhauling the form of your item, while item updates are delivered just once every year.
Benefits, you get Updating QuickBooks Desktop Version
- Updating the latest version better the security of your data.
- You get more improved execution of the application on your working system.
- Fixes to some regular security circles and bugs in the application.
- Newly upgraded highlights like Real-Time Invoice Status Tracking, improved data document enhancement highlight, and the sky’s the limit from there.
- Error-free client experience.
What are the System Requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise 2021?
Discover you’re system requirements for the best experience in the System Requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise 2021. The given information helps you to know about the hardware, software, operating system, and all other requirements you need to meet QuickBook’s latest edition.
Requirements of the Operating System
- Windows Server 2012, Established and requirements
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Established and requirements
- Windows 2016, Established and requirements
- Windows 2019, Established and requirements
- Window 8.1, all version including 64-bit inseparably installed
- Window 10, all versions including 64-bit, inseparably installed
Linux – Fedora 31, 32, OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2, and Red Hat Enterprise 8.
Meet with Browser requirements – QuickBooks Desktop 2021 edition needed high-speed internet access and Internet Explorer 11 (including 32 -bit).
Ensure about the system requirements
RAM – Minimum 4 GB required and 8GB recommended
Processor – Minimum 2.4 GHz
Optical Drive – 4X DVD-ROM drive is needed for CD installations manually.
Server RAM requirements – Up to 5 users required 8 GB RAM
- 10 users required 12 GB RAM
- 15 users required 16 GB RAM
- 20 users required More than 20 GB of RAM
Screen Resolution – Boost optimization required 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or upgraded up to 2 monitors. Optimized for the Default DPI setting for a selected system
Window – Inseparably installed and doesn’t require to run in a virtual environment.
- Administrator rights are essential for the server system while hosting on multi-user mode
- US edition of windows
- Regional settings required to set the English
Disk Space: Minimum 2.5GB of disk space (For Data Files)
- For additional software, required 60MB was specifically introduced for the Microsoft .NET runtime.
- To protect the data under high-tight security, additional requirements are needed to meet such as a minimum requirement of 4.0 GB RAM.
- The user needed work folder local application Data + Intuit Data Protect. To meet with best results, save your data file under the solid-state drive
Hardware devises Requirements
- Zebra MC40 Mobile system (Android 4.4 and higher)
- Zebra TC51/TC25/TC20 mobile system is suggested
QuickBooks Enterprise 2021 supports
- Mobile socket CHK 7CI
- Honeywell Voyager 1602g
- Pocket Barcode Scanner
QuickBooks integrates with many applications and other advanced features. You can also discover it at the Intuit App Store. Required RAM additional features must be listed:
- Microsoft Office: Office 2013(Outlook 2013), 2016(including Outlook 2016, 32 and 64 bit), and 2019.
- Invoices, Email estimates, and all other forms along with Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019. Microsoft outlook including Microsoft 365 Yahoo Mail, Gmail, and outlook.com
- For creating letters and exporting, you need Microsoft Word 2013, 2016, and 2019 including 64-bit.
- You can easily synchronize your contact with Microsoft outlook needed Outlook 2019 edition including 32-bit
- For personal and business purpose, required 2018, 2019, and 2020
- QuickBooks POS V12.0, V18.0, and V19.0
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Pro-series tax year 2018, 2019, and 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Payroll and other integrated features need internet speed with 56 kbps speed
- Yahoo, Window Mail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, and AOL
- Internet Explorer 11
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Payroll services, Business Planner, and the viewing forms needed Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0
Anti-virus Software Compatibility
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprises 2021, QuickBooks Pro, and Premier 2021 with the following anti-virus programs: Make sure, you installed the latest version of Antivirus software.
- Panda Dome
- Trend Micro security
QuickBooks run with systems that are running on Redundant Array Disks. It is recommended to users because it might slow down the speed of QuickBooks. System Requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise 2021 needed the internet security protocol TLS 1.2 for the connected service to run all operations without any error.
OLD and NEW version: Know the difference between 2019 vs 2020 vs 2021
Features you need to know to view the difference between the earlier and latest edition
New & Improved Bank feeds: Bank feeds is an advanced online banking feature that helps you to make a connection with your credit cards to online banking. It permits you to download the transaction history and all financial transactions. So, you don’t need to set up them manually.
Benefits – For smooth processing
QuickBooks 2021 edition permits the indexing of complex automatic bank transactions by utilizing the enhanced rules, batching editing, and improved matching. Users can easily review the transaction discrepancies fastly.
To access this feature, go with perform guidelines
- From the Menu bar and then choose the EDIT option
- Open the preferences and hit the click on the “Checking” option
- To view the Bank Feeds, three options will appear on your screens such as Classic mode, express mode, and advance mode.
- Click on the Advanced mode and open the Banking option
- Enter next click on the “Bank Feeds” and you are all done
Users are unable to find this feature in the QuickBooks 2019 and 2020 editions.
Payment Reminders and Automatic Statements
Payment reminders and Auto-mated statements mode help you to avoid over dues. Before the due date, they send you a message before overdue dates.
- QuickBooks 2021 edition helps to send email regularly on auto-mated mode. It saves you precious time to work on the core process of your business.
- Once you set up your “Automated Statement” feature, you get predefined email templates to select from them. You have a choice to customize your selected statements to be sent to all customers.
- To access this feature, select the “Scheduled Payment Reminders” over the Payment Reminder option. This option is available in the customer menu. It makes things easy to handle to send statements automatically and get paid quickly.
- You are unable to find this feature in the 2020 and 2019 edition. But, you have the option to add payment reminders approach.
Customized Payment Receipts – Track Customers’ payments and invoices easily in one place.
- It permits you to customize the payment receipts just by adding a logo to run your business with a more professional and consistent view.
- You get access to set a default template for the categorize, customize, and payment receipt feature. You can view all transactions in just one go.
- To access this feature, open the receipt management, and then choose the Vendors option. It is not visible in 2019 and 2020.
Make Customer groups – This feature helps to divide the customers and then make groups based on the fields such as balance, type, etc.
- 2021 editions make all additions or removal of all customers over the predefined conditions to improve the quality of customer communication.
- You get access to organize your customer group on all factors such as the location, sales rep, customer type, current status, and balances.
- Access: To access this feature, open the main menu, and choose the customers. After this, click on the “Manage Customer Groups” from the payment reminders menu. Not available in any earlier version.
QuickBooks Desktop Manager
Make it easy to install the QuickBooks Desktop products.
With this feature, you can easily install the QuickBooks products (With few clicks) over the single management tool.
QuickBooks Tool Hub: One-stop resolution for all QuickBooks Troubleshooting requirements.
- Resolve all bugs and error issues automatically without performing any long process.
- The tool-hub in-built features fix most of the error issues such as installation, network, and Slow process programming.
- This is another new feature available in QuickBooks 2021.
- You can download this feature from the installation sources.
- To run the installation process, introduce QuickBooks Tool Hub.exe, and accept the license agreement.
- After this, downloading starts and take little time to complete the processing.
Have a look at the Comparison table of 2019, 2020, and 2021
|Features||QuickBooks 2019||QuickBooks 2020||QuickBooks 2021|
|Combining Multiple Emails||No||✔||✔|
|Portable Company File||✔||✔||✔|
|Payroll Set up including Employee Self Set up processing||No||✔||✔|
|Smart Help (F1)||No||✔||✔|
Solution – How to update the latest release?
You can update this latest release in two different ways likewise you can update it manually or on automated mode. Before going to installation, ensure the system and software requirements. To switch on automated updating, know about the below guidelines:
- After login into your QuickBooks, click on the CTRL + 1 (Simultaneously) or F2 to learn about the product information window.
- From the open window, check the status of your current version and the latest release of QuickBooks.
- If you are not updated with the latest version, then perform the on-screen guidelines to finish the process of the latest updating.
To Update the recent edition manually, follow the below guidelines:
- Log-in into your QuickBooks
- Go to the File tab
- Click on the “Close Company/Logoff”
- Choose the Exit option
- Hit the click on the QuickBooks icon
- Select the “Run as Administrator”
- QuickBooks displays the “No Company Open” option
- Go to the Helps tab and choose the “Update QuickBooks”
- Enter the next click on the “Mark All” from the options menu and click on the Save button
- Open the “Update Now” menu and then checkmark the “Reset Update”
- Now, click on the “Get Updates” and Once the updating process is completed
- Exit the application
- After this, open your QuickBooks again and hit the YES button on the Install updates
- Once the installation updates are completed, you can restart your system with new configurations.
The above information was sufficient to know about the System requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise 2021. Before moving to the updating process, users need to meet all system requirements to the upgraded version of QuickBooks otherwise it may create issues. For further queries, do Live Chat with QuickBooks Pro-Advisors. They resolve all your queries in a minimum time frame.
Do QuickBooks need updating every year?
No, you don’t need to upgrade the recent release of QuickBooks every year. So many users are still using the earlier version. You can install the upgraded version according to your business essentials. To track the business accountancy without any hassle and high-speed processing, users need to update the latest edition.
How would I check the availability of the update?
- Go to the QuickBooks’help menu
- Choose the “Update QuickBooks” option
- Hit the next click on the “Update Now” tab
- Now, you have to choose updates that you need to download
- At last, click on the “Get Updates”
Why does QuickBooks take so much time to open?
When your system is unable to meet minimum requirements. Sometimes, this issue appears due to corrupted or damaged files or improper installation.
Do I need to uninstall the earlier version to update the latest release?
The answer is YES. To avoid critical issues, ensure that you uninstall the old version of QuickBooks. Then moving towards installing the latest edition of the QuickBooks.