How to Upgrade from 21802 to QuickBooks Payroll Update 21804?
Did you know that QuickBooks has introduced the latest Payroll Update 21804, with reappraised tax tables? Are you facing problems while upgrading your payroll software from 21802 to 21804?
You don’t need to worry though, as you stumble upon the right page. In this article, we shall be talking through about the QuickBooks Payroll Update 21804, related features and steps to successfully upgrade to this new version.
What is a Payroll Update?
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll rolls out payroll updates for the subscribed users of the software application in order to improve the flaws of the older version. These updates provide the most up-to-date and precise tariffs and calculations for reinforced state and federal income tax tables, payroll income tax forms and e-file and wage preferences. For more information about the latest updates, you can consult experts by calling at QuickBooks Payroll support number.
The Payroll Update 21804 was released later this year on 18th January. Even though more updates have been released since then but there are some users who haven’t upgraded to this version yet.
Revised features Included in the Payroll Update 21804
Also check out previous post of ReConcileBooks about How to Update QuickBooks Payroll software easily.
Tax Table revision
- The new tax table comprises new Federal and new non-resident foreign withholding tables.
Important Note: These new Federal withholding tables make use of the up-to-date W4s, nevertheless we anticipate the IRS to upgrade the W4s and make an upgraded online calculator available for the subscribed users in order to regulate withholdings in a better manner.
Read out under what circumstances user Unable to Update Tax table in QB Payroll
- The new tax table also encompasses new withholding tables for users of Mississippi.
- The new tax table takes account of other modifications for the users of U.S. states including Colorado, Maryland, and South Dakota.
For Enhanced payroll software application users, this Payroll Update comprises mainly of the state forms that were upgraded specifically for the subscribed users of following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Oregon, and Rhode Island.
Federal e-File and wage upgrade
Form 940 E-filings
E-file that is used for Annual Form 940/Schedule A for the Reporting Agents (now available for Enhanced Payroll for Certified public accountant subscribed users only), Business’s Yearly Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return, has also been improved in the new release.
Not sure about it? Connect with our ReConcileBooks QuickBooks experts now!
Form 944 E-filings
E-file that is used for Annual Form 944 for the Reporting Agents (now available for Enhanced Payroll for Certified public accountant subscribed users only), Business’s Yearly Federal Tax Return, has also been revised in this new release.
What do you need to do to upgrade from 21802 to QuickBooks Payroll Update 21804?
Here are some of the quick to do steps that you need to follow for successful Payroll Update 21804:
- Firstly, you need to check whether you have received the update or not. For this, you need to run your QuickBooks and then look for the option Employees and after that search ‘Get Payroll Updates’. In case, you are not able to find a message that states, “You are using tax table version: 21804,” select the Update option. To install a payroll tax table update in QuickBooks Desktop, you need to follow the given steps:
- You need to run the QB software app and then look for Employees option. After that click on the ‘Get Payroll Updates’.
- Next, you need to select ‘Download entire payroll update’ option.
- After that, a window will prompt and you need to click on ‘Update button’.
- Once the download process is over, a message alert will pop up indicating “A new tax table and/or upgrade to your payroll tax forms have been downloaded on your system. Now, just click on the OK button to know more about the changes.
- Lastly, click OK.
- To upgrade your tax tables in QuickBooks Desktop, you should be the subscribed users of the payroll software.
- Expert commends that always ensure you download the respective tax table every time you make payments to your staffs or at best within every 45 days.
- If you wish to get an automatic notification about payroll tax table updates whenever they are released by the company, then you need to set upon the automatic updates option in QuickBooks software.
Get Help For QB Payroll Update Issue
Have doubts regarding QuickBooks Payroll Update 21804 or not able to successfully upgrade despite following above-mentioned steps? Get in touch with our ReConcileBooks QuickBooks Chat Support team or helpline number +1347-967-4079