Unable To Add Printer With QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks let users add a printer to print their financial documents. Sometime there might error arises while connecting the printer to the accounting software. There are many reasons behind this annoying QuickBooks Add printer failed issues like incompatible drivers, internet connectivity, and more. ReConcileBooks going to discuss on troubleshooting the printing issues also you can reach QuickBooks Support Number anytime for assistance for this issue .
Why Adding XPS/ WPR Printer Not Successful QuickBooks
Points need to know before beginning resolution steps:
- Ensure that you are attempting to add printer in an updated QuickBooks Version
- Verify that printer is connected to your system
- Make sure the compatible driver is installed in the computer
ReConcileBooks gudie Batch Printing Forms In QuickBooks which helps you if you want to print multiple forms at once.
How To Fix QuickBooks Won’t Add Printer
Resolve printing errors in QuickBooks:
Here are the solutions you need to follow to rectify the printing problems.
Solution 1: Verify your Printer:
- To check the printer using any editor like Notepad
- Browse the editor
- Write some text in it, save file, select file and then click on print
- Choose the relevant printer and then hit on Print
Solution 2: Restart the system:
Follow the instructions:
- Now you have to switch off the printer
- Restart the system and then switch on the printer
- Verify that printer paper is loaded perfectly
- Locate the Start button of Windows, browse Control Panel, and then search for Printer and Faxes
- Incase printer displays Offline, then you have to right-click on the printer and then choose Use Printer Online
- View the print jobs appeared in the list, select Printer and then click Cancel All Documents
- Close the displaying window
- Discover printer and right-click on it
- Select properties, choose Print Test Page
- If the printer doesn’t print the page and you are using network printer then there must be a network issue
Troubleshooting guide and instruction you can follow when QuickBooks Freezes During Printing brings by ReConcileBooks.
Solution 3-Utilize QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- There is a PDF and print repairing tool available in QuickBooks Tool Hub to resolve basic printing issues. Download it.
- Once downloaded try to add the printer again and test the page
- Sometimes tool doesn’t execute then you need to rename the file
- To do this, follow the instructions:
- Navigate the QBPrint.qbp.
- Right-click on the QBprint.qbp file through the connected mouse for selecting suitable Version and then choose Rename
- Embed the old to the name of the file
- Locate QuickBooks, search for file option and choose Printer Setup
- Choose any transaction listed in Form Name and then click OK to create a new file.
Solution 4-Verify your system connected with accurate printer:
Check that you are trying to add the correct printer to QuickBooks.
To perform this, follow the below guidance:
- Navigate file option and then choose Printer Setup
- Select the form you need to print
- Check the printer name is identical with the printer you have connected with the system
- If not, then download the correct printer Setup first
- You can use the Help option to explore the detailed instruction based upon the settings.
Solution 5-Verify the reconcile window is switched off:
- If QuickBooks displays to lockup after you choose to reconcile from the Banking option, but PDF functions operate, the reconcile window seems off screen off
- Select the Window option and view the list to monitor reconcile window
- Choose Close All and restart the reconcile
- If still errors persist in reconcile accounts then there might contain unrecoverable errors.
Solution 6- Check, reinstall and set settings for XPS document writer:
- Verify XPS document writer. To do this, follow the instructions:
- Locate File option and then choose Print
- Discover Microsoft XPS Document Writer in the Print page from the listed printers and then click on Print
- Save the file with .xps extension
- Open this file, if you failed to display this file then XPS document writer installation is required
- Check the security settings which might interrupt the display and print
- Monitor XPS services are checked
- Locate explorer window
- Choose the computer option located in the upper left
- Click on Uninstall
- Hit on Turn Windows Features on or off
- Ensure that XPS viewer and services are selected
- If found enabled then mark both fields and hit on Ok
- Reinstall Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Apply Windows users permissions for the installed software
- Adjust security software settings
- Install MSXML 6.0
- Make a form template
- Bypass the print spooler.
Troubleshooting Can’t XPS Add Printer Error QB
That’s all about QuickBooks Add printer failed. If you still face any difficulty while performing above given troubleshooting solutions then give a call ReConcileBooks Toll Free Number +1347-967-4079 . The professional team carrying years of experience in handling QuickBooks issues effectively. You can also explore further knowledge and advice by doing a QuickBooks live chat with one of the experts or drop an email along with questions. The team is available 24*7 to assist you with reliable resolution.