Why Payroll Disappears From QuickBooks
If Payroll does not show, it probably means that the check which you dispatched to an employee is not traceable. While using QuickBooks Payroll, there might be times that you may not be able to track an employee check which was cashed or it may not match with your bank statement.
If you don’t find the cashed check on the check register, do not panic, just follow the below mentioned steps to get an idea about what went wrong. This is when you get the Payroll Not Showing in QuickBooks error, which many people often complain about.
Moreover, just after Upgrading QuickBooks Payroll some user having issues that their payroll item not showing on QB desktop.
Fix Payroll Option Not Available Problem in QuickBooks
Here is how to fix this issue?
To begin, perform an advanced search for the check. Click on Search and then Advanced search >> Go to All transactions >> Amount.
If you find the check that is missing, edit it. In case you are manually calculating the payroll, a good way to record the accounting information is by journal entries. You may need to enter the information on the payroll summary report, which was given by the payroll company to create a journal entry.
Please have a look the example below:
Company XYZ Plumbing has 10 employees. Take the gross amount of all the 10 employees for a journal entry.
- Go to + sign section and choose Journal Entry and select the paycheck date in Date section.
- Input Entry number for journal entry.
- Under Debit and credit accounts, enter the amount to be paid as per the state regulations. Have a look at the below few examples among many of them.
- Debit expense account used to track gross wages.
- Debit expense account used to track Social Security
- Debit expense account used to track Federal Unemployment.
The amount which is in liability account has to be paid. You need to use the liability account to pay the taxes, so point the check accordingly. In the above entry, federal and state employees who are withholding taxes are not mentioned. This is because the amount is directly debited from the employee’s gross pay and will be paid to tax agency. This is not an expense to the employer as they directly deduct it and pay the tax agency. For more information on withholding details we recommend that you check with your payroll service.
Instead, simply use QuickBooks Payroll for an easier solution. If you can’t find a particular employee’s payroll, make sure that you have entered the check details correctly as described above. Trace the check, fix the error, and go ahead with conducting your business.
What are the causes for Payroll Not Showing In QuickBooks?
- Inaccurate date range: Verify that the reconciliation’s date range is proper. The payroll checks won’t show up if they are outside of the designated range.
- Incorrect account selection: Verify that the account you have chosen for reconciliation is the right one. The payroll checks will not show up in the reconciliation for the chosen account if they were entered in a different account.
- Unaccounted-for transactions: Verify in QuickBooks Online whether the payroll checks have been recognized as reconciled. They won’t show up in the current reconciliation if they have already been reconciled in a prior quarter.
- Errors in data entry: Check that QuickBooks Online has accurately entered the payroll checks. To guarantee correctness, check the quantities, dates, and other information twice.
Why are Payroll not showing in QuickBooks 2024?
With all the efficient new features provided by QuickBooks 2024, the Payroll option not showing still persists. Even with a new upgrade some things are still the same. So in order to know the reason behind this, you can refer to the reasons mentioned above.
Get Help For Payroll Not Showing in QuickBooks
What if the problem is of a technical nature?
For more payroll transactions which may be of complex scenarios, please check with your accounting department. The above mentioned example is very basic. A check is required to be written for the employees in case of a final payment. You can also make the payroll transactions recurring. If it is a technical issue with QuickBooks Payroll, connect to ReConcileBooks team on QuickBooks Live Chat Support for quick resolution.
All this can be a bit confusing for you if you are not from the accounting department. If you need further assistance on this matter, please call us on our toll free number +1347-967-4079 to speak with QuickBooks Payroll Support Number. They are well-trained in payroll queries and any other questions that you may have regarding QuickBooks.