How to Open a QBM File? 6 Easy Steps to Open it without QuickBooks
QuickBooks have become an essential tool in running a business. To make such popular accounting software it have quite a lot of features and is very user-friendly software. To make this software work so smoothly and efficiently it uses various types of files and extensions one such file is the QBM file.
This article will explain what is this QBM file and how it can be opened without QuickBooks. In case while following the steps in opening the QBM file without QuickBooks and you face some issues, you can always contact our QuickBooks 24/7 phone number for support.
What is QBM File in QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks accounting program is used for creating QBM files and they are quite different from the QBB file. While the QBM file only has the financial data that is from the company’s QuickBooks accounting system, whereas the QBB file has data from QuickBooks application.
QBM files are quite important when financial information is need to be shared. Since the files are generally small in size it can be easily shared among the users via e-mail, hence making it very effective and time efficient.
However, there are situations in which the QBM file is shared without giving proper instructions on how to use it. At times users do not know the program with which QBM file can be opened, edited, converted and printed with. Since QBM file is a portable company file there can be several related extensions like .des, .iif. .nd, .qba, .qbb and .qbr.
Problems with QBM files
While opening a QBM file a user can face any of the following issues, barring them from opening or/and operating on file. It does not always mean that there is a software issue rather it can be caused due to several reasons, which are:
- The QBM file is corrupted.
- In the QBM file registry entries the links are incorrect.
- From the Windows registry accidental deletion of the description of the QNM file.
- The application that supports the QBM format had not been installed properly or there has been an incomplete installation.
- Undesirable malware has infected the QBM file that is to be opened.
- There is lack of hardware resources hence the QBM file cannot be opened.
- The drivers equipment is outdated hence the QBM file could not be opened.
How to Open A QBM File Without QuickBooks?
To open the file Windows is required to know the program that you would be using, generally it will automatically choose the program, in case you want QBM file to open manually without QuickBooks then:
- Go on the file do a right click.
- A list of program options will appear that has been installed in your computer.
- Click on the program that you wish to use to open the file.
- Or you can go to the Control Panel
- Next to Control Panel Home and then Default Programs and then Set Associations.
- Next select a file type in the list and click on Change program.
In case you’re the file is not opening and needs to be restored follow the steps:
- Go to the main menu and select File.
- From the drop-down menu select Open or Restore Company.
- Select Restore a portable file.
- Then click on Next.
- Click on the (company name).qbm file and save to the location that you can find easily.
- Next click on Open.
- When you get the message in a window stating ‘Where do you want to Restore the file’, read the message carefully select the location and then click on Next.
- A new window will appear as ‘Save Company As’, select the location where you have stored the QuickBooks company file.
- On saving the new file it will delete the old file and you will be asked to type in Yes.
In case you do not get the message for typing Yes, contact our QuickBooks Technical Helpdesk on +1347-967-4079, as you might then end up working with two copies.