QuickBooks enterprise is expensive in comparison to Pro product. Hence If you are using the enterprise edition and found that it overkill your requirements. Or if your business needs only the basic function available in the QuickBooks Pro version. Then the best solution is to downgrade the QuickBooks to Pro. Luckily QuickBooks lets you easily upgrade the system to a higher version and downgrade as well. Also team of ReconCileBooks added earlier complete details QuickBooks Enterprise To Premier Conversion process step by step.
When you process the QB Enterprise to Pro conversion your entire list and transactions get moved to the data file of the pro version. So you need to find the right solution to downgrade the data file for accuracy. ReconCileBooks comes with the relevant guide you need to know before QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro conversion.
Instructions Transfer, Move, Migrate QuickBooks Enterprise Data To Pro
- Why Switch QB Enterprise To Pro?
- Process To Convert Enterprise To Pro
- Post Migration Error
- Conversion Services By Data Experts
- Question And Answer QuickBooks Conversion Cost and Pricing
When And Why Need To Downgrade QuickBooks Enterprise To Pro Version?
Why need conversion?
If you have purchased the QuickBooks Enterprise version and recognized switching to the lower version like QuickBooks Pro then the best solution is to convert the company file to Pro. Many causes trigger the user to convert the system to Pro. Some of them are below:
- If there is a need for QuickBooks 14500 Items to use the business such as Products, Customer, or Vendors then you require conversion of QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro
- For High efficiency and excellent outcomes
- To choose features according to the business requirements
- When QuickBooks expenses are too unbearable
Conversion Process QuickBooks Enterprise To QuickBooks Pro
When you don’t want the active edition of the QuickBooks anymore you can use the QuickBooks Enterprise to pro conversion. The Conversion requirement varies with the business need. Here is the list of processing steps to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro version:
Initially take the Backup of the QuickBooks enterprise company file and then restore it into the QuickBooks Pro.
Data Export QuickBooks Enterprise
- Start exporting the QuickBooks enterprise data and then import it into the QB pro. Here are the steps to export data:
- Open the QuickBooks
- Hit Supplier/Customer/Payroll Centre
- Choose the drop-down button and then give a click on it
- Click the Export list if you need to export the balance, customer name, supplier, employee, or contact information
- Hit Export the transaction if you require a specific transaction export
- Choose to Create a new worksheet option
- Click Export tab
- Items export:
- Click option named Lists menu
- Choose item list
- Hit drop-down named Excel
- Select the option named Export all items
- Click Create a New worksheet
- Select Export button
Find and follow the instructions mentioned by the team of ReconCileBooks for Export QuickBooks To Excel which included all items, customer, invoices and payroll data as well.
Data Import To QuickBooks Pro
- Open the File menu
- Choose “Utilities”
- Hit Import
- Select Excel files
- Now follow the on-screen instructions
- Choose the data to import option
- Next, the QuickBooks format entire data by displaying you the overview
- Now manually add the data using a click on the option named “Add my data now”
- Check out the preferences and then hit the Close option
- Now verify the data
- Check if there trigger errors then resolve them
After Converting QB Enterprise To Pro Setting Changes Required
Things to do after the QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro conversion:-
- Open the IE
- Press the buttons Alt+T
- Hit Tools button
- Search for Internet Options
- Choose the option labeled Security
- You need to choose the “reset all zones to default level”
- Select Apply button
- Click Ok
- Now close the Internet Explorer window
If you have any specific query, also get in touch with the experts of live chat.
Take Backup QB Enterprise
Data backup and restore
Here are the backup steps:-
- Open the QuickBooks Enterprise
- Hit the File button and verify if there display “Switch to single-user mode”
- Choose the tab “Switch to single-user mode” as you enabled multi-user mode
- Click File button
- Select drop-down options then hit Backup company
- Choose “Create local backup“
- It will launch the Backup window on the screen
- Click the Local Backup
- Hit Next button
- Choose the Browse option to find the saved location
- Also, add the backup numbers
- Run backup file check test before saving it
- Check the test reports
- Hit Ok option to continue
- Select Save it now
- Click Next button
Restore QuickBooks Pro Company File From QB Enterprise Backup
Company File Restores into QuickBooks Pro:-
- Open the QuickBooks Pro
- Hit the File menu button
- Choose the company file named Open and Restore
- Hit Next button
- Discover the backup company file on the system using the browse tab
- Select the folder to save the file
- Hit Open
- At last click Save
More Details of Restore QuickBooks Company File From Backup explained in details.
QuickBooks Not Opening After Converting Enterprise To Pro
Not open after conversion:-
After converting QuickBooks Enterprise to pro the user commonly faces several types of errors. The most frustrating one is failing to open the QuickBooks after conversion. There are many reasons associated with it for instance export data error, the export file is too big or screen freeze with 503 error.
In such a case you can follow the below steps to fix it:-
- First of all close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Give a right-click on the taskbar
- Choose Start Task Manager
- Click the Processes option, choose the below processes:
- o QBDBMgrN.exe
- o QBDBMgr.exe
- o QBCFMonitorService.exe
- Click End Task
- Hit on Internet Options and Write https://*.intuit.com to your browser’s Trusted Sites Zone
- Choose Trusted sites using the Security option
- Now unselect the checkbox named Enable Protected Mode
- Adjust the Security level to low
- Choose Sites
- Enter https://*.intuit.com
- Click Close
- Hit Apply and then choose OK
- Close Internet Explorer
- How can I fix the customer balances that are off after QB enterprise to Pro conversion?
- Click Settings option
- Choose Account and Settings tab
- Click the Advanced button then click on the option named Edit the Automation
- Choose the checkbox labeled Automatically apply for credits
- Click Save and then hit Done.
What are the Differences Between QuickBooks Enterprise and Pro?
These two most popular versions of QuickBooks have a difference in terms of their features, pricing, uses, and security.
- Uses: Small and medium-sized businesses with limited budgets for software can also use QuickBooks Pro or Premier version. The QuickBooks Pro version offers all the accounting features small businesses need.
- Security: The QuickBooks Pro version is more secure since it restricts data access to a maximum of five users at once, whereas the QuickBooks Enterprise version is less safe and secure because it allows data access by more than thirty users.
- Features: The Pro Edition is priced affordably and includes all the features small businesses need. The QuickBooks enterprise, on the other hand, has an advanced feature that is frequently employed mainly by large businesses.
- Pricing: When compared to QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Pro Edition is less expensive.
What are the Benefits of Converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier?
We are all aware of QuickBooks Enterprise’s advanced features, but are they really worth sacrificing data security for? Data, in our opinion, is important for any business, and they should never put it at risk. More than 30 users can access QuickBooks Enterprise at once, which means there is a high chance to lose your data.
However, the Pro or Premier version only permits 3 to 5 individuals to view data at once, making it much safer and more secure. Also having data security, it is less expensive than QuickBooks Enterprise.
Avoid spending so much money on the enterprise version when the pro or premier version can do the work.
Congratulation! Now you learned about the procedure to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro. Hopefully, the guide is helpful. But we know that data conversion is a very important process and needs to be performed very carefully because it contains crucial information. It is recommended to take the professional services for the data migration/data conversion for 100 % accuracy.
To get the best assistance regarding the convert QuickBooks enterprise to pro, you can simply contact our QuickBooks Specialists Team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No, there is no such need of waiting for the financial year or quarter-end for left off conversion.
Yes the data in an enterprise is converted into Pro version after QB enterprise to Pro conversion.
Yes, you can easily check all the converted or moved data.
Here is the list of items that you can send into the QB Pro edition:-
8. The transactions with links to apply for the payment
9. Non-functional transactions include Purchase orders, Account receivable, Payroll, or Account Payable.
1. Chart of Accounts
2. QuickBooks File Setup
3. All list with inventory, employee, vendor, customer, and other names
4. All transactions including A/P, A/R with the entire history.