Adjust Inventory in QuickBooks Pro Instructions
One might need to adjust inventory in QuickBooks Pro manually when you might face a loss, spoilage or by mistake have sent out product samples. To do that, you have to go to the window ‘Adjust Quantity/Value on Hand’.
This article will provide you with the steps on how to do the adjustment of the inventory, follow these steps: . Also you can explore more QuickBooks Track Inventory for better understanding .
- Open the QuickBooks Pro company page and go to the Vendors section in the menu bar.
- Next, choose from the drop-down menu select Inventory activities.
- Next, select Adjust Quantity/ Value on Hand.
- A new window will open with the title Adjust Quantity/Value on Hand.
- Select the Adjustment Type and from the drop-down menu select the inventory type for which you wish to make the adjustment.
- For adjusting you can choose any of the following, i.e. Quantity, Total Value or both ‘Quantity and Total Value.
- Next, go to the field of Adjustment Date and enter the date for which you want to make the adjustment.
- Next, go the Adjustment Account and click on it. From the drop-down menu select the account for, which you want to make the adjustment.
- On the right, you will find the field with Reference No., enter the reference number for the adjustment.
- If you want or if it is required then to the transaction you can give a Customer: Job or Class.
- In the Memo section that is on the bottom of the form enter the reason for, which you are required to adjust the inventory.
- Locate the first available row on the Item column and click on it.
- A drop-down list will appear from there select the first item that you want to adjust.
- For making a Quantity adjustment in the respective column you have to type either Quantity Difference or New Quantity.
- In case you want to enter loss of items then you have to ensure that the difference number you enter is negative in the Quantity Difference section.
- If you wish to make a Total Value adjustment then in the New Value column, you have to enter an entirely new value.
- After the adjustment to the inventory is done you then click on Save & Close button to finish the adjustment.
If you have multiple Warehouse attached with the same QB software, Call to QuickBooks Enterpise Support Number to check possibilities where you can avoid data clash while multiple user working with same inventory .
How To Adjust Inventory QBO
Though this is for the QuickBooks Pro for adjusting the Inventory, the following steps can be undertaken:
- Open QuickBooks online and go to the Plus icon (+) on the upper right corner.
- Select the Under Other and next, choose Inventory Qty Adjustment.
- Enter the date of adjustment.
- Select the correct account for the field of Inventory adjustment account.
- Choose the product(s). You will see that the current quantity and the descriptions will be automatically furnished.
- You have to either enter a change in the quantity or add a new quantity for each item.
- Next, you can enter the purpose for the adjustment in the memo field. Since it is optional you can skip filling of the memo, but we recommend that you do fill the memo field.
- Next, click on Save.
Editing & Deleting Inventory Adjustment QB
How to delete or edit an inventory Quantity Adjustment?
- Go to the Search icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose and click on Advance Search.
- Click on the All Transactions and from the drop-down menu select Inventory Quantity Adjustment.
- You can select a filter and then choose Add Filter. This is optional but we recommend it to you.
- Next, click on Search.
- The Search results will appear, select the adjustment that you want to delete or edit and click on it.
Get Help For Intuit QB Inventory Issues & Errors
For advanced steps or clearing all your QuickBooks related doubts,connect ReConcileBooks team on QuickBooks Support Phone Number . ReConcileBooks tech Support Team is available round the clock on toll free number 1844-640-1481 . Also best option is QuickBooks Live Chat Support on which you can also share screen to show the exact issue you are facing .