QBO Error Code 340
What is QBO Error Code 340?
When a person is trying to download banking transactions for any or all of the clients into QuickBooks it pops up with the QBO Error Code 340. The QuickBooks Online error message just says that it didn’t update and asks to return to the banking page to fix the issue. The connection between the QuickBooks Online program and the bank depends on the data security shared by the financial institution. This issue initially cropped with Amex accounts while downloading Amex transactions into QuickBooks although few other cards worked fine. But it also happens with a few other banks while performing an update in Banking in QuickBooks Online. It is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. The reasons can vary, but most of the time the steps listed below will usually eliminate the issue.ReConcileBooks also help to via QuickBooks Live Chat Support , you can connect anytime .
How To Fix QuickBooks Online Bank Error 340
Few Initial checks to perform before troubleshooting:
Check Your Bank’s Website
- If you are facing slow downloads, check if your bank website is working properly by signing in to your bank’s website
- Any changes you make on the bank’s website like Ac.No., Username or Password, then it also needs to be updated in your bank info in QuickBooks (cleared keychain of old passwords)
A.) Select bank account in QBO > Select the pencil icon > Select Edit sign-in info > Update your info
- Select bank account in QBO > Choose Edit Account > Click Online Settings > Choose Dissociate > Now go to Banking set up> Set up the account again with username and password that works on bank site
- Verify from the bank if the bank downloads are active
In case this doesn’t work, try the below steps
Step 1: Run a Manual Update On Your Bank Account:
- Select Banking (Blue indicates the selected bank, grey means it’s unselected)
- Click Update > enter the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials (must within 2 minutes of box appearing) > click Continue Update
- After the update complete notification, it will show the date of the last update and the total number of transactions changed
Note: Some banks do not post transactions for download until the next morning. You can see these transactions on the bank’s website but they won’t be downloaded they get posted. Similarly, in case of a missing transaction, wait at least 24 hours.
Step 2: Verify If You Can Log In To Your Bank’s Website
- Open bank URL > Select Banking
- Select Add Account from the top right of the Banking screen
- Search for the name of your financial institution
- Under results, select the bank
- You will get the link for the bank’s website on the top of the window
- Login there to make sure you are able to access the accounts through this site and check your account summary, account history, and account details, etc properly.
Step 3: Manually upload these transactions using a WebConnect file
- Sign in to your bank website and follow the process of downloading the transactions
- Once done, upload the file to your company by going to Banking on the left panel
- Select Banking at the top > Click File Upload > Click Browse and choose the file you saved > Click Next
- From the QuickBooks account drop-down, select the bank account> Click Next
- While uploading a CSV file, you’ll be prompted to select columns from the CSV file that match QuickBooks Online banking fields > Click Next after selecting them > Click on Finish once the process is complete
That should help you bring the missing transactions.
Technical Support For Troubleshooting QBO Error 340
Just in case the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can contact the ReConcileBooks experts so they can run some scans and perform tests to check the root cause and troubleshoot the issue. Call ReConcileBooks toll-free at +1844-640-1481 and speak to our expert for the latest update on QBO Error Code 340. ReConcileBooks QuickBooks Support helpline is open 24/7 to handle your queries and resolve all QuickBooks errors.
ReConcileBooks Also gives the complete solutions of other bank error code related to QBO