Inactive Item List in QuickBooks
Have you recently discovered that there is some sort of error in your item lists, but have no idea what to do next? Well, one of the most recommended and safest approaches to circumvent such type of mistakes of entering wrong items in the list is to just deactivate these items.
If you wish to consult QuickBooks experts, connect with our ReConcileBooks team over the QuickBooks Live Chat and get an instant resolution.
In this article, we shall be putting our heads together to learn simple ways to inactivate list items in your QuickBooks accounting software application in a jiffy. There is a quite separate issue QuickBooks Payroll Missing List Item which frequently search & asked by the user.
It is important to take a backup beforehand so that there is no loss of data. However, if you already have opted for an automatic backup creation option in your QuickBooks software, ensure that you create a backup copy manually to be on the safer side.
To create a backup copy of your company data, you have to get on with the given steps:
- First of all, Navigate to the File menu
- Browse for the ‘Backup Company option
- When you will click on the ‘Backup Company option, you will see a list of options and among which you have to click on the ‘Create Local backup’
- Click on the Finish tab
- A window will open to inform you about the file name and place where your backup has been kept. After this, click on the Ok button.
If things go astray due to any unexpected reasons, you can immediately restore a backup copy that you have saved to retrieve your critical company data.
If you are dealing with high volumes of data or list item than Don’t take any change & get direct help from the QuickBooks Enterprise Support team for any issue like Employee Missing QuickBooks Payroll or dealing with Inactive item list.
How to Do Inactive List Item QuickBooks
How to inactivate list items in the QuickBooks accounting software application?
To inactivate list items, you have to advance with the given steps:
- First and foremost thing you have to do is to navigate to the main menu bar and look for the Lists option and after that click on the Item List from the drop down list.
- Now, look for the items in the list you wish to inactivate and select them all
- Just right click on all the selected list items
- Choose ‘Make item Inactive’ from the drop down list
- If you will be prompted by a warning notification ‘the item is a part of the group’, just hit the Yes button to make those items inactive. Else, you have changed your mind just click No button.
- To display inactivated list items and the ones you don’t find them in the list, you have to mark the checkbox of “Include Inactive” that you can find in the lower section of the dialog box.
- To displayinactivated list items in the given list, you have to select the “View” option from the pull-down list.
- After this, you have to click on “All ”option from the list of given options.
- In order to have a look at the items that have been inactivated and are not there in the list, then put a tick mark in checkbox of the “Include Inactive” that you will see immediately below the list dialog box.
- If you want to have a look at the list items that have been inactivated in the given list items, then you have to select the “View” option from the pull-down list that you can find in the tab just beyond the list.
- Make sure you choose “All [item category]” from this list of options.
- At the time, you are trying to view the list items which are inactive now; a new column will show up at the left end side of the list.
- When you will have a look at this column, then you will see that there are items that have been now inactive. There will be “X” icon that you will see just following the names of the items that are no longer active.
- In case, you want to activate any of the list items that you have made inactive, then you have to select the “X” icon that you can find following to the label of the list item to activate again.
Get Help For Inactive Item Issue QB
For more advanced resolution for inactivating the list items in the QuickBooks accounting software, please connect with our ReConcileBooks team by calling on our QuickBooks helpline +1(844).640.1481 and lets QuickBooks Support Number will assist you matter related to QB Inactive list item edition, addition, modification or deletion .