Error While Exporting QB Desktop Data To QuickBooks Online
Accessing data while you are away from the office or want to give permission to someone outside the office to access and use your company files has never been so easy as it is with the online cloud-based version of QuickBooks software. Converting from QuickBooks Desktop to Online is easy if some basic guidelines are followed. One can convert from QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier to any version of QuickBooks Online, with exception to Self-Employed. Users can sign up for a free trial of QuickBooks Online – QBO product of their choice. However, there are instances where a brand new online account may encounter an error while exporting data from Desktop to QB Online and it would keep flashing Error: QBDT Data to QBO error .
ReConcileBooks also brings awesome tips and guide Exporting QuickBooks Payroll Data into XML .
Why Does QBDT Data To QBO Error Occur?
Simply speaking the QBDT Data to QBO error occurs when the path to the company file is more than 4 folders deep. This is a known issue in QuickBooks Online (QBO) and/or QuickBooks. You can follow the steps below and rectify the issue either by self-service or you can take help from our experts at QuickBooks Support Phone Number to resolve the QBDT Data to QBO error and all such QuickBooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business.
How To Fix QB Export QBDT Data To QuickBooks Online Error
First the basic hygiene you need to follow:
Prepare Your QuickBooks Desktop Data for Export to QuickBooks Online
Get your data ready for export first:
- Update your data: This is an opportunity to clean up your data and remove redundant information remove duplicacy, delete old information or change customers’ or vendors’ contact information.
- Finishing outstanding tasks: Prior to conversion, make sure all bank accounts have been reconciled, payroll processed, and inventory adjustments made.
- Back up your data: To back up the data file before importing it to QuickBooks Online Go to File>Back Up Company>Create Local Backup
You can also learn how to export QuickBooks Data Into Excel in easy steps , complete instruction from ReConcileBooks team .
Now, while exporting the data to QuickBooks online if you get the error Export QBDT Data to QBO you can fix this by copying the company file to your C:\ drive.
Follow the steps below:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Press F2
- Copy theLocationof your File Information.
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to C:\ drivein Windows and paste the file in there
- Openyour QuickBooks Desktop again > Go to the Filemenu > Select Open or Restore Company.
- Open the saved file from the new location on C:\ drive and try to export the file again
- Sign-in to the company you are converting to QuickBooks Online
- Within your QuickBooks Desktop company Click on the Companymenu in the top left of the screen > Select Export Company File to QuickBooks Online
In case you don’t see the Export Company File to QuickBooks Online option, then your QuickBooks desktop version is outdated and you need to download the most recent QuickBooks Desktop update. You can do this by selecting the Help menu > Update QuickBooks. Follow the steps and once completed, close QuickBooks Desktop, reopen and sign back in, then return to Step 2 above.
Support Warning While Converting QB Desktop Data To QBO
First try to resolve the issue yourself by following the above steps for a resolution. If it gets complex for you then you can simply call ReConcileBooks toll-free helpline on +1844-640-1481 and speak to our expert who can help resolve the Export QBDT Data to QBO Error. QuickBooks Chat support is open 24/7 and it’s a toll-free number from all landline and mobile numbers.